1. Introduction. To handle the cases of UG students requesting for migration to NUST from Local/Foreign educational institutions and from within NUST, a policy/standing operation procedure (SoP) has been formulated. All migration requests are evaluated and processed in the light of this policy under controlled manner.
2. Process. Under extraordinary circumstances, on the recommendation of the Principal / Commandant of the concerned institution, the case will be processed by Registrar Dte for approval of the Rector. Rector may allow transfer of a student within NUST, or migration from other foreign / Pakistani universities / colleges of repute, generally under the following conditions:-
a. The applicant can apply after completion of first year of study. He / she should apply to NUST
before the start date of a semester.
b. Possesses SSC & HSSC/equivalent certificates of relevant groups with minimum 60% marks. All
Non FSc stream candidates have to provide equivalence certificate duly obtained from IBCC,
c. Should have the academic performance of reasonably high standards.
d. Students once appeared in the NUST entry test and failed to get admission in NUST due to
low merit are not eligible.
e. Students from universities located in Federal Capital Territory, Rawalpindi and surrounding
areas are not eligible to apply.
f. Courses to be transferred have a minimum B Grade. Courses must correspond to courses offered by
NUST or equivalent in depth and intensity.
g. The credit transferred are counted towards the degree requirement and GPA of the transferred credits
shall not be counted towards the calculation of CGPA.
h. Candidate must complete at least 60% credit hours of his degree programme at NUST.
i. The university / college / institute from which the student requests for migration is well known,
recognized by HEC and has respectable standing / ranking.
j. Transfer within NUST will be allowed to student admitted on the basis of NUST selection process.
k. Inter-institutional transfers of students within NUST will be managed and processed on the basis of
laid down procedure in vogue.
l. Migrated students are not eligible for Hons/Awards except Rector Gold Medals.
m. NUST authorities reserve the right to reject cases without assigning any reason.
n. Application must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to start of a regular semester.
3. Provisions of NUST Migration Policy, as amended/ updated from time to time, will be applicable in processing of all migration cases.
4. How to Apply
a. Download migration form from
b. Duly filled migration form may be forwarded to Undergraduate Section, Registrar Directorate, Main
Office, Sector H-12, Islamabad along with following:-
(1) Official transcript of semesters studied at Parent University.
(2) Photo copy of mark sheets of Matric and FSc/equivalent examinations (equivalence certificates
from IBCC, Pakistan in case of O/A level/ equivalent exams).
(3) Detailed course outlines of courses already studied.
(4) No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Parent University.
(5) Character certificate from Parent University.
(6) Bank draft amounting to Rs 5000/- (Rupees five thousand) in favour of NUST as initial
migration processing fee.
5. Migration fee applicable after migration/transfer is accepted/approved by NUST.
from foreign universities
from local universities