Under the umbrella of landmark MoU signed between Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SCEP) and Higher Education Commission (HEC), three mock trading competitions have been organized by SECP in collaboration with HEC. These competitions provided hands-on stock trading experience to the students in a virtual environment using live feeds from Pakistan Stock Exchange. Since May 2016, many students have participated from different universities across Pakistan and the winners have been awarded cash prizes.
Keeping in tradition of our commitment to the youth, SECP is launching the 4 th Nation-wide Inter-
university stock trading competition, starting from September 17, 2018.
Highlights of the competition are as follows:
- The competition will be based on following territories of the country
- Five session of the above named territories will be available on the Jamapunji web-portal atthis link www.jamapunji.pk/stock-simulator. Each university team from respective territorywill be automatically eligible to enter in the competition of their respective territoryavailable on the above web-link.
- The competition will run for a duration of 3 months from starting September 17, 2018 to encourage long-term portfolio building.
- Each university is eligible to form One Team only, comprised of one Team Leader (TL). Theminimum number of team members in one team should be three (including the TeamLeader) and a maximum of five team members (including the Team Leaders).
- All the Team leaders are required to submit their nomination using the online link https://jamapunji.pk/contest-registration, latest by September 12, 2018.
- Participating teams are required to obtain approval from their respective Dean/HoD/concerned authority and upload the same as required during registration.
- Detailed rules will be placed on the JamaPunji web portal prior to commencement of thecompetition.
- The prize money will be awarded to the TL on behalf of the whole team.
- The top three (3) winning teams of the competitions from each territory will be awarded cash prizes of Rs. 100,000, Rs. 75,000 and Rs. 50,000 respectively.
- Accordingly, 15 prizes (to each of the three winners of five territories) in all will be awarded pan-Pakistan to the winners.