Are you ready for the Artificial Intelligence (AI) revolution? How will Machine Learning impact your business, research and career? Hear from academic researchers who are at the fore-front of AI and Machine Learning in Pakistan. Join us for a weeklong intensive bootcamp on AI and Machine Learning where you will receive rigorous training on the theory and practical tools being used in these areas. This bootcamp is designed to provide you with a quick, hands-on crash course in Machine Learning. Bootcamp will consist of 4 days of lectures and lab exercises followed by 3 days of project work (under supervision of our research team).
This workshop is designed to provide you an introduction to the following topics
- Basics of Machine Learning
- Current Trends in Machine Learning and AI
- Bayesian Decision Theory and Gaussian Discriminant Functions
- Preprocessing techniques for Feature Selection and Dimensionality Reduction; Feature construction using dictionary learning
- kNN, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines
- Basics of Neural Networks and Deep Neural Networks
- Unsupervised Learning
- Hands-on exposure to programming tools used for AI through lab exercises and project work
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the fast-changing landscape of Machine Learning – key breakthroughs, useful Machine Learning tools for business and research applications
- Get an extensive overview of all the major components of an AI system
- Get hands-on experience of tools used for practical AI and Machine Learning
- Get advice on the best data repositories for training Machine Learning algorithms
Who Should Attend:
- Engineering and Computer Science students
- Industry professionals
- Graduate and Undergraduate students
- Some prior programming experience
- Good background in Calculus, Probability and Statistics (Some background will be provided however, it will not be extensive)
- For sci-kit learn some experience of Python will be required. Attendees having no prior experience of Python are encouraged to go through the tutorial at the following link before start of the course:
- PKR 2,000/- for NUST students and Faculty.
- PKR 5,000/- for participants from outside NUST.
Registration fee covers certificate and course materials only.
Mode of Payment:
Payments are received through online deposit /bank draft /pay order /transfer to Account No: 2292 7000 746401 Habib Bank Ltd (Account Title: “NUST-SEECS Seminar/Workshop/Short Course A/C”). On Spot cash payment will not be entertained. Please send your transaction reference number and payment screenshot /scanned receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
for confirmation of registration.
- Dr. Faisal Shafait (Associate Professor, NUST SEECS)
- Dr. Hassan Aqeel Khan (Assistant Professor, NUST-SEECS)