Prime Minister’s Electric Wheelchair Scheme, Higher Education Commission (HEC)
Pakistan invites applications from the students having ambulatory disability and
are being enrolled in public sector universities and affiliated colleges during
Fall Semester 2020-2021.
Electric Wheelchairs will be distributed
among students who:
- Have physical and permanent ambulatory disability to
such a degree that they are unable to move from place to place without the
aid of a wheelchair.
- Are not able to cross curbs because of paralysis or loss of function of legs.
- Have missed one or both legs.
- Are registered/being registered for Spring/Fall 2020 in
HEC recognised public sector universities and affiliated colleges of all
Provinces and AJ&K in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, MS/MPhil and PhD
- Have valid certificate of special person/ambulatory
disability from the relevant Competent Authority/Government
- Have not received Electric Wheelchairs in Phase-I.
- Have valid disability of movement from one place to
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria, are advised
to fill and submit the online application form on: eportal.hec.gov.pk/wheelchair
by September 15, 2020.
- Submit copy of application form, attach necessary
documents, and email the documents to the office of Registrar of the
- Universities will forward all eligible cases to HEC in
one transaction by October 15, 2020 for the distribution of Electric
Wheelchairs on merit.