Dr. Muddasir Ali Shah
Department of Physics
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NUST-School of Natural Sciences,Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan
+92 51 9085 5592
PhD, Physics(GCU Lahore, Pakistan)
- 2012: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Physics, Government College University, Lahore.
- 2007: Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Physics, Government College University, Lahore.
- 2003: Master of Science (MSc), Physics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- 2000: Bachelor of Science (BSc), Punjab University.
- My research interest is in Kinetic theory of Plasma waves. We use Non-Relativistic and Relativistic Distribution functions corresponding to different environments where we study the behavior of plasma, plasma waves and instabilities.
Research Students (MPhil):
||“Propagation of Ordinary and Extraordinary Modes in Ultra-Relativistic Maxwellian Electron Plasma” Muddasir Ali, Sadia Zaheer and G. Murtaza, Progress of Theoretical Physics 124, 1083 (2010). Impact factor: 2.553|
||“Relativistic Bernstein waves in a degenerate plasma” Muddasir Ali, Azhar Hussain and G. Murtaza, Physics of Plasmas 18, 092104 (2011). Impact factor: 2.320|
||“Study of high frequency parallel propagating modes in a weakly magnetized relativistic degenerate electron plasma” Gohar Abbas, M. Fraz Bashir, Muddasir Ali, and G. Murtaza, Physics of Plasmas 19, 032103 (2012).|
||Z. Iqbal, A. Hussain, G. Murtaza and Mudassir Ali Shah, On the damping of right hand circularly polarized waves in spin quantum plasmas, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 21, 2014, Pages 10, IF 2.249|
||M. Jamil, Mudassir Ali Shah, A. Rasheed, K. Zubia, and M. Salimullah, Dust-lower-hybrid instability with fluctuating charge in quantum plasmas, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 22, 2015, Pages 5, IF 2.249|
- Thermal Physics
- Plasma Physics