Dr Adeel Waqas,(A/Principal & Dean USPCAS-E)
U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCAS-E)
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
USPCAS-E Building,NUST, Sector H-12, Islamabad
+92 51 9085 5100
PhD (Energy Technology)
Dr. Adeel Waqas completed his PhD in Energy Technology from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He did his MS from University of Applied Sciences Offenburg, Germany and B.E (Mecahnical Engineering) from UET Lahore, Pakistan. Dr. Adeel has
worked with German Aero Space Center-Stuttgart for one year for the
completion of master thesis. He has also completed the training for
conducting the energy audit for buildings and industries from APO
Thailand under the banner of World Bank. Apart from this, he has also
conducted several trainings on solar water heating, solar space heating
and energy efficiency measures in industry and buildings from the
platform of the Asian institute of Technology and UNEP. He is author of
several research articles in well reputed international energy journals
His research areas / interests include:
- PV/T; PV-PCM
- PCMs integrated with buildings
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Low energy cooling systems
- Solar thermal systems
- S. Umair, A.M. Shahzad, W. Adeel, H.M. Adnan,
Heat Energy Transfer Using Butyl Stearate as Phase Change Material for
Free-Cooling Applications, J. Energy Eng. 144 (2018) 4018043.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, L. Xu, M. Ali, J. Alvi, Thermal and
electrical management of photovoltaic panels using phase change
materials – A review, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 92 (2018) 254–271.
- A. Waqas, J. Jie, Effectiveness of Phase Change Material for
Cooling of Photovoltaic Panel for Hot Climate, J. Sol. Energy Eng. 140
(2018) 41006. doi:10.1115/1.4039550.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, M. Ali, J.Z. Alvi, Effectiveness of the phase
change material-based thermal energy storage integrated with the
conventional cooling systems of the buildings – A review, 0 (2018) 1–32.
- A. Hassan, M. Ali, A. Waqas, Numerical investigation on
performance of solar chimney power plant by varying collector slope and
chimney diverging angle, Energy. 142 (2018).
- A. Waqas, J. Jie, L. Xu, Thermal behavior of a PV panel
integrated with PCM-filled metallic tubes: An experimental study, J.
Renew. Sustain. Energy. 9 (2017) 53504. doi:10.1063/1.4995022.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, Thermal management of conventional PV panel
using PCM with movable shutters – A numerical study, Sol. Energy. 158
- H. Iftikhar, A. Waqas, A. Usman, K. Mustafa, M.A. Afzal,
Utilizing built infrastructure and otherwise non-utilizable space for
solar PV power projects—A case study for an educational institution, J.
Renew. Sustain. Energy. 9 (2017) 13505. doi:10.1063/1.4976143.
- R. Afzal, M. Jamil, A. Waqas, A. Nawaz, M.A. Ali, M.H. Mailk,
Design and analysis of second order passive filters for grid connected
inverter with series and parallel damping resistors, Indian J. Sci.
Technol. 9 (2016). doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i21/94820.
- S. Sultan, M. Ali, A. Waqas, H.A. Raza, S. Aziz, Modelling of a
solar energy driven water desalination system using TRNSYS, in:
Multi-Topic Conf. (INMIC), 2016 19th Int., IEEE, 2016: pp. 1–6.
- G.M. Mufti, M. Jamil, A. Waqas, M.U. Ali, Two level voltage
source grid connected inverter for solar photovoltaic system, Int. J.
Control Autom. 8 (2015). doi:10.14257/ijca.2015.8.10.35.
- A. Mehmood, A. Waqas, H.T. Mahmood, Economic Viability of
Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump for Sustainable Agriculture Growth in
Pakistan, Mater. Today Proc. 2 (2015) 5190–5195.
- A. Waqas, M. Ali, Z. Ud Din, Performance analysis of
phase-change material storage unit for both heating and cooling of
buildings, Int. J. Sustain. Energy. (2015) 1–19.
- A. Waqas, U.D. Zia, Phase change material ( PCM ) storage for
free cooling of buildings — A review, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 18
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Phase Change Material (Pcm)-Based Solar
Air Heating System For Residential Space Heating In Winter, Int. J.
Green Energy. 10 (2013) 402–426. doi:10.1080/15435075.2012.673518.
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Thermal performance of latent heat storage
for free cooling of buildings in a dry and hot climate: An experimental
study, Energy Build. 23 (2011) 2621–2630.
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Utilization of Latent Heat Storage Unit
for Comfort Ventilation of Buildings in Hot and Dry Climates, Int. J.
Green Energy. 8 (2011) 1–24. doi:10.1080/15435075.2010.529406.
Teaching following courses at NUST:
- Solar Energy
- Thermal Energy storage
- Modeling of Energy systems
- Heat and Mass transfer
- Energy Management in buildings