Demonstration of technical feasibility, cluster development and commercial viability of modern biomass energy conversion technologies in Pakistan.
The core objective of this project is to promote market-based adoption of modern biomass energy conversion technologies for process heat and electricity generation in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises and rural areas in Pakistan. Pakistan’s industrial sector is suffering from severe energy crisis and shutting down of industries can be attributed to unequal power supply. . This project will be of great help to create awareness and set the trends towards “Biomass to Energy” among industrial networks.
1. Dr.Eng. Muhammad Zubair, Assistant Professor , USPCAS-E NUST (PI)
2. Dr. Rabia Liaquat, Assistant Professor, USPCAS-E NUST (Co- PI)
3. Dr. Muhammad Hassan, Assistant Professor, USPCAS-E NUST (Co-PI)
4. Areej Ahmad Khan, USPCAS-E NUST Communication/Coordination Officer
We require Research Assistants for the project to achieve the “Market Study on the potential application of biomass gasification technology in SMEs and rural areas”.
No of Positions: 06 RAs
Time Period: 03 Months
Honorarium: 15,000 /Month (TA, DA will be paid in case of travel)
Application Deadline: 5th May, 2019
Send your updated Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Key Responsibilities of RA:
1. Data set enlisting the SMEs (50KW , 100KW)
2. Development of Qualitative and Quantitative Questionnaire covering all the required aspects of Information
3. Distribution of Questionnaire for Data Collection from 50--100 KW SMEs to the identified stakeholders.
4. Travelling to survey Sites i.e, Faisalabad, Lahore, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi, Islamabad and Sialkot for Data collection
5. Compilation of SMEs survey Data for Data Analysis
6. Key informative interviews and secondary data collection for regulatory requirements of trade sector.
7. Compilation of relevant national initiatives and programme for biomass technologies in Pakistan
8. Formulation of Report
Knowledge of Biomass technologies
Good writing and communication skills. Report writing experience.
Good analytical skills, previous experience on Data analysis software
Willing to travel.