Dr. Adeel Waqas
Department of Energy System Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
USPCAS-E Building, NUST, Sector H-12, Islamabad
PhD (Energy Technology)
Dr. Adeel Waqas completed his PhD in Energy Technology from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He did his MS from University of Applied Sciences Offenburg, Germany and B.E (Mecahnical Engineering) from UET Lahore, Pakistan. Dr. Adeel has worked with German Aero Space Center-Stuttgart for one year for the completion of master thesis. He has also completed the training for conducting the energy audit for buildings and industries from APO Thailand under the banner of World Bank. Apart from this, he has also conducted several trainings on solar water heating, solar space heating and energy efficiency measures in industry and buildings from the platform of the Asian institute of Technology and UNEP. He is author of several research articles in well reputed international energy journals and conferences.
His research areas / interests include:
- PV/T; PV-PCM
- PCMs integrated with buildings
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Low energy cooling systems
- Solar thermal systems
- S. Umair, A.M. Shahzad, W. Adeel, H.M. Adnan, Heat Energy Transfer Using Butyl Stearate as Phase Change Material for Free-Cooling Applications, J. Energy Eng. 144 (2018) 4018043. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)EY.1943-7897.0000562.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, L. Xu, M. Ali, J. Alvi, Thermal and electrical management of photovoltaic panels using phase change materials – A review, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 92 (2018) 254–271. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2018.04.091.
- A. Waqas, J. Jie, Effectiveness of Phase Change Material for Cooling of Photovoltaic Panel for Hot Climate, J. Sol. Energy Eng. 140 (2018) 41006. doi:10.1115/1.4039550.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, M. Ali, J.Z. Alvi, Effectiveness of the phase change material-based thermal energy storage integrated with the conventional cooling systems of the buildings – A review, 0 (2018) 1–32. doi:10.1177/0957650917754033.
- A. Hassan, M. Ali, A. Waqas, Numerical investigation on performance of solar chimney power plant by varying collector slope and chimney diverging angle, Energy. 142 (2018). doi:10.1016/j.energy.2017.10.047.
- A. Waqas, J. Jie, L. Xu, Thermal behavior of a PV panel integrated with PCM-filled metallic tubes: An experimental study, J. Renew. Sustain. Energy. 9 (2017) 53504. doi:10.1063/1.4995022.
- A. Waqas, J. Ji, Thermal management of conventional PV panel using PCM with movable shutters – A numerical study, Sol. Energy. 158 (2017) 797–807.
- H. Iftikhar, A. Waqas, A. Usman, K. Mustafa, M.A. Afzal, Utilizing built infrastructure and otherwise non-utilizable space for solar PV power projects—A case study for an educational institution, J. Renew. Sustain. Energy. 9 (2017) 13505. doi:10.1063/1.4976143.
- R. Afzal, M. Jamil, A. Waqas, A. Nawaz, M.A. Ali, M.H. Mailk, Design and analysis of second order passive filters for grid connected inverter with series and parallel damping resistors, Indian J. Sci. Technol. 9 (2016). doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i21/94820.
- S. Sultan, M. Ali, A. Waqas, H.A. Raza, S. Aziz, Modelling of a solar energy driven water desalination system using TRNSYS, in: Multi-Topic Conf. (INMIC), 2016 19th Int., IEEE, 2016: pp. 1–6.
- G.M. Mufti, M. Jamil, A. Waqas, M.U. Ali, Two level voltage source grid connected inverter for solar photovoltaic system, Int. J. Control Autom. 8 (2015). doi:10.14257/ijca.2015.8.10.35.
- A. Mehmood, A. Waqas, H.T. Mahmood, Economic Viability of Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump for Sustainable Agriculture Growth in Pakistan, Mater. Today Proc. 2 (2015) 5190–5195.
- A. Waqas, M. Ali, Z. Ud Din, Performance analysis of phase-change material storage unit for both heating and cooling of buildings, Int. J. Sustain. Energy. (2015) 1–19. doi:10.1080/14786451.2015.1018832.
- A. Waqas, U.D. Zia, Phase change material ( PCM ) storage for free cooling of buildings — A review, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 18 (2013) 607–625.
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Phase Change Material (Pcm)-Based Solar Air Heating System For Residential Space Heating In Winter, Int. J. Green Energy. 10 (2013) 402–426. doi:10.1080/15435075.2012.673518.
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Thermal performance of latent heat storage for free cooling of buildings in a dry and hot climate: An experimental study, Energy Build. 23 (2011) 2621–2630. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.06.015.
- A. Waqas, S. Kumar, Utilization of Latent Heat Storage Unit for Comfort Ventilation of Buildings in Hot and Dry Climates, Int. J. Green Energy. 8 (2011) 1–24. doi:10.1080/15435075.2010.529406.
Teaching following courses at NUST:
- Solar Energy
- Thermal Energy storage
- Modeling of Energy systems
- Heat and Mass transfer
- Energy Management in buildings