Dr. Absaar Ul Jabbar
Department of Computational Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
Research Centre of Modelling and Simulation (RCMS), Academic-I Building, NUST Campus, H-12, Islamabad Pakistan
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
PhD in Computational Fluid Dynamics
Dr Absaar Ul Jabbar is currently working as an Assistant Professor at RCMS, NUST, Pakistan. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan in 2003. Dr. Absaar served in prestigious Pakistani industry such as Nespak, Nestle Pakistan, and Packages Pvt. Ltd. for about 03 years, before proceeding to United Kingdom for his postgraduate studies. He completed his Masters in Computer Aided Engineering Design (CAED) from University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, and on his return to Pakistan joined NUST as an Assistant Professor in 2008. After having academic experience, he commenced his PhD in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) from the chair of Applied Mathematics at Technical University of Dortmund, Germany. During his PhD, he has worked on a new class of highly efficient and robust monolithic finite element based monolithic multilevel Krylov subspace solution techniques for the solution of Navier-Stokes equations. He successfully completed his PhD in 2018, and joined back NUST. He has active collaboration with both national and international universities.
• Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Finite element analysis
• Fast iterative solvers for sparse systems
• Multilevel methods
• Computational Hemodynamics
1. “Direct Simulation Monte Carlo (DSMC) Algorithm –A Comparison of Mathematica code with FLUENT 6.2 for Low Knudsen numbers”, A. U. Jabbar, N. A. Qazi, K. Pervez, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Vol 4, No:9, pages 1342-1345, 2010.
2. “Three Dimensional Numerical Analysis of Pulsatile Blood Flow around Different Plaque Shapes inHuman Carotid Artery” A. U. Jabbar, R. U. Ali, K. Parvez, Umar H. K. Niazi, International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry, and Bioinformatics, Vol. 2, No. 5, pages 305-308, September 2012.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Finite Element Methods
Product Design and Development
Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations
Computing for Computational Science and Engineering
Computational Linear Algebra and Optimization
Applied Mathematics for Computational Science and Engineering
03 years of industrial experience in prestigious industry of Pakistan such as Nespak, Nestle Pakistan, and Packages Pvt. Ltd.