Dr. Awais Munawar Qureshi
Avionics Engineering Department
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
College of Aeronautical Engineering, PAF Academy, Risalpur
Microwave imaging, Electromagnetic forward and inverse problems solution, Image-based modeling, Wireless sensor networks, Numerical techniques for EM
PhD (Computational Science and Engineering) , RCMS-NUST, Islamabad, Pakistan MSE (Avionics- Communication), IAA-Air University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Dr. Awais Munawar
Qureshi is serving as Associate Professor of RF/ Microwave at the Department of
Avionics Engineering, CAE, NUST. In 2002, he completed
his undergraduate studies in the specialty of Avionics Engineering from NUST CAE. In 2011, he got his MS degree in
Avionics-Communication programme from IAA-Air University, Islamabad-Pakistan. He completed his PhD in Computational Science and Engineering in 2019 from NUST RCMS. .
His industrial experience includes 7 years of Avionics systems design/
testing/maintenance and 3 years of tester’s development for Avionics
systems life cycle support at Avionics Production Factory (APF), Pakistan
Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra.
Antenna and RF/ Microwave
devices design, Microwave imaging, Electromagnetic forward and inverse problems
solution, Image-based modelling, Wireless sensor networks, Numerical techniques for EM,Embedded
systems designand Testers/ software development for Electronic Modules testing/
- Awais Munawar Qureshi, Zartasha Mustansar, Samah Mustafa, “Finite-element Analysis of Microwave Scattering from a Three-dimensional Human Head Model for Brain Stroke Detection,” published in ISI JCR List Journal “Royal Society Open Science” (RSOS, ISSN: 2054-5703, Yr:2018, IF: 2.504).
- Awais Munawar Qureshi, Zartasha Mustansar, “Levels of Detail Analysis of Microwave Scattering from Human Head Models for Brain Stroke Detection,”published in ISI JCR List Journal “PeerJ”(ISSN: 2167-8359, Yr:2017, IF: 2.177).
- Awais Munawar Qureshi, Zartasha Mustansar, Adnan Maqsood, “Analysis of Microwave Scattering from a Realistic Human Head Model for Brain Stroke Detection using Electromagnetic Impedance Tomography,” published in WoS Master List Journal “Progress in Electromagnetics Research M”(PIER-M, Yr:2016, ISSN: 1937-8726).
- Awais Munawar Qureshi, Zartasha Mustansar, Ahmed E Nadeem, Mahmood Akhtar, “An Investigation Into Electromagnetic Based Impedance Tomography Using Realistic Human Head Model,” presented in“International Conference on Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Engineering”(3rd ICBPE 2016, 11-13 May) published in Scopus Indexed Journal “International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences”(IJPPS, Yr:2016, ISSN: 0975-1491).
- Munawar, A.; Masood, A.; Bangash, F., "Open sensor platform: Integration of sensors and mobile phones," in Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 2012 9th International Bhurban Conference on , vol., no., pp.445-452, 9-12 Jan. 2012
Electromagnetic field theory, Antenna design theory, RF/ Microwave devices,
Numerical techniques for EM, Test software development
- Design/ Test/ Maintenance Engineer, Avionics Production Factory, PAC
- Deputy Chief Engineer (Life Cycle Support), Avionics Production Factory,