Dr. Jehanzeb Burki
Head of Department
Avionics Engineering Department
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
College of Aeronautical Engineering, PAF Academy, Risalpur
Radar signal processing, Synthetic Aperture Radar signal processing, Antenna design & analysis, Wave propagation
PhD (Electrical & Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology) USA,MS (Electrical & Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech) USA,MS (Numerical & Applied Mathematics, Georgia Tech) USA,Bachelors, Avionics Engineering, CAE, NUST, Pakistan
Dr. Jehanzeb Burki is Professor & Head Avionics Engineering Department, CAE, NUST. He completed his undergraduate studies from CAE Risalpur in 1993, in the specialty of Avionics Engineering. He holds Masters Degrees in Electrical & Computer Engineering and Numerical & Applied Mathematics and a PhD degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. His industrial experience includes managing O-level and I-level maintenance of combat aircraft, design and development of avionics systems as well as command & control systems.
His research publications include:
- C. F. Barnes,”Synthetic Aperture Radar, Wave Theory Foundations, Analysis and Algorithms”, Barnes Publisher, USA, January, 2015, ISBN 978-0692313732
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “Slant Plane CSAR processing using householder transform,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., Vol. 17(10), pp. 1900–1907,
- October, 2008.
- C. F. Barnes and J. Burki, “Late-season rural land-cover estimation with polarimetric SAR intensity pixel blocks and σ-tree-structured near-neighbor classifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 44(9), pp. 2384–2392, September, 2006.
- Irfan Shahid, Fawad Hussain, Jehanzeb Burki and M. Shoaib Arif “An Ultrawideband Inverted Double Discone Antenna With 150:1 Impedance Bandwidth” IEEE Microwave And Optical Technology Letters vol. 58(1), pp. 181–184, January, 2016.
- J. Burki, T. Ali, Shahzad Arshad, “Vector Netowork Analyzer (VNA) based Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imaging”, 16th IEEE International Multi-topic Conference (INMIC), Lahore, Pakistan, pp. 207-212, 20 December, 2013.
- J. Burki, Fahad Malik, Mudassar Mushtaq, “GSM Downlink Protocol Analysis Using Open Source Hardware and Software”, 2nd IEEE National Conference on Information Assurance (NCIA), Rawalpindi, Pakistan, pp. 39-46, 11 December, 2013. Paper adjudged as second best in the conference.
- J. Burki, Rohail Tahir, Shafqat-ul-Mulk, “Modeling and Simulation of Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) on Small Form Factor (SFF) Software Defined Radio (SDR) Kit”, International Conference on Modeling and Simulation (ICOMS), Islamabad, Pakistan, 25 November, 2013.
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “Fast CSAR Algorithm”, Algorithms for Synthetic Aperture Radar Imagery XV, SPIE Defense and Security Symp, Orlando, FL, USA, 16 March, 2008, Vol. 6970.
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “Refocusing of defocused images using SAR2 algorithm,” in Proc. SPIE International Advanced Signal Processing Algorithms, Architectures, and Implementations XVIII, San Diego, CA, USA, 27 August, 2007, Vol. 6697.
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “SAR with two-dimensional aperture synthesis,” in Proc. IEEE International Radar Conference (Radar’2007), Waltham, MA, USA, 18 April, 2007, pp. 590–595.
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “Beam raster scanning for 2D flyover SAR,” in Proc. IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing(SAM’2006), Waltham, MA, USA, 13 July, 2006, pp. 339–343.
- J. Burki and C. F. Barnes, “Interpolation-free Algorithm for SAR 2D Aperture Synthesis”, Algorithms for Synthetic Aperture Radar Imagery XIII, SPIE Defense and Security Symp, Kissimmee, FL, 18 April, 2006, Vol. 6237.