• F. Pervez, J. Qadir, M. Khalil, T. Yaqoob, U. Ashraf, and S. Younis, "Wireless Technologies for Emergency Response: A Comprehensive Review and Some Guidelines”, IEEE Access, 2018, vol. 6, pp. 71814-71838. (2018 Impact Factor: 4.098)
• M. Khalil and A. A. Alvi, "Utilizing Wireless Networks for Public Safety: An Overview of Special Use Cases", 2019 4th International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ICEEST). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1–6.
• J. N. Javed, M. Khalil, and A. Shabbir, "A Survey on Cognitive Radio Spectrum Sensing: Classifications and Performance Comparison", 2019 3rd International Conference on Innovative Computing (ICIC). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1–6.
• M. Khalil, Z. Shamsi, F. U. Khan, and M. A. Shahzad, "Cloud Computing: Scope for Human Development and Inclination towards Fog Computing", 21st International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-2019). IEEE, 2019, pp. 2514–2519.
• M. Khalil and Z. Shamsi, "Lightning Protection Design for Radar Antennae: Musings from a Case Study", 2019 International Conference on Electrical, Communication, and Computer Engineering (ICECCE). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1–6.
• M. Khalil, Z. Shamsi, A. Shabbir, and A. Samad, "A Comparative Study of Rural Networking Solutions for Global Internet Access", 2019 International Conference on Information Science and Communication Technology (ICISCT). IEEE, 2019, pp. 1–5.
• M. Khalil, A. Khalid, F. U. Khan, and A. Shabbir, “A Review of Routing Protocol Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks in Smart Cities", 2018 24th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC). IEEE, 2018, pp. 610–615.
• M. Khalil and F. U. Khan, “Exploration of TCP Parameters for Enhanced Performance in a Datacenter Environment", 2018 4th International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and System Engineering (ICEESE). IEEE, 2018, pp. 65–69.
• M. Khalil, J. Qadir, O. Onireti, M. A. Imran, and S. Younis, “Feasibility, Architecture and Cost Considerations of Using TVWS for Rural Internet Access in 5G”, 2017 20th Conference on Innovations in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN). IEEE, 2017, pp. 23–30.