The specific Programme Educational Objectives (PEO) that we look for in our graduates are:
Professional Employment: Graduates will be successful in the professional practice of computer engineering and related fields. They:
- will obtain employment in fields appropriate to their educations,
- will be entrepreneurs,
- will explore less traditional career paths e.g., business, law, medicine, public policy, etc.
Professional Competence: Graduates who are employed within engineering fields will demonstrate technical competence, such as identifying, formulating, analysing, and creating engineering solutions using appropriate current engineering techniques, skills, and tools.
Professional Learning: Graduates will engage in life-long learning i.e.,
- advanced education/degrees,
- professional development activities (e.g., informal interactions with colleagues, formal conferences, workshops, short courses, etc.),
- updating and adapting their core knowledge and abilities to compete in the ever changing global enterprise,
- developing new knowledge and skills to pursue new career opportunities.
Professional Engagement: As appropriate to their professional or educational positions, graduates will:
- effectively communicate technical information in multiple formats,
- function effectively on teams,
- follow the principles of professional ethics, and
- develop and apply computer engineering solutions within global, societal, and environmental contexts.