Dr. Rai Waqas Azfar Khan
Construction Engineering & Management Department
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
College of Civil Engineering Risalpur
Sustainable (Social-Economic-Environmental) Aspects of CPEC, Logistics and Supply Chain Management with special focus on Lean, Agile, Resilient and Green Practices. Optimization and exploitation of China Pakistan Economic Corridor’s potential.
Split PhD (NUST. Pak. & Manchester Business School. U.K), MS-TQM, MS-WRE
Dr Rai Waqas Azfar
Khan is serving MCE NUST with various titles/ designations including Director Students
Affairs, HoD Construction Engineering & Management Dept and Secretary
Research Center for CPEC. Dr Raj Waqas Khan has experience of over 22 years in
the field of designing, construction, supervision, project management of
various domains and design project coordination.
- Split PhD (NUST. Pak. & Manchester
Business School. U.K.)
- MS in Total Quality Management, I.Q.T.M
Punjab University Lahore,
- M.S Water Resources Engineering C.E.W.R.E, UET
- BE in Civil Engineering, MCE, NUST, Risalpur
cantt in (1997).
- Diploma in Science Technology & Innovation Policy in 2012, Manchester Business School, U.K.
- Commonwealth Split PhD Scholarships for Research Abroad (2012)
- NUST - Mega Science & Technology Merit Scholarship for PhD Studies (2009)
Dr Rai Waqas Azfar has the proficiency in carrying out qualitative and quantitative data analysis using the following tools and techniques:
- Structure Equation Modeling
- Exploratory Factor Analysis
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis
- Interpretive Structural Modeling
- Causal Loop Diagramming
- Simulation Modeling
- Process Mapping
- Case Study Analysis
- Bibliometric & Content Analysis
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Performance Evaluation
- Multimodal Transport Planning
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Decision Support Analysis
- Fuzzy Set Approach
- Fuzzy Synthetic Evaluation
- Regression and Correlation
- Delphi and Focus Group Discussion
- Scenario Planning
- Analytical Hierarchical Process
- Analytical Network Process
His additional resaerch interests include:
- Exploitation of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Exploitation of Lean, Agile, Resilient and Green Construction along CPEC
- Measurement of Sustainable ( Social, Economic, Envirnomental and operational ) Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Natural/Minral Resources based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Vegetable/Fruit based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Halal Meat based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Cotton Yarn/ Apparel/ Textile based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Apparel based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Value Added Exports / Products related with CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Reverse Supply Chain Exports / Products related with CPEC
- Paper published in ‘Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology’, (HEC Recognized “X” Category Journal), Application of Lean Agile Resilient Green Paradigm Framework on China Pakistan Economic Corridor: as A Case Study. Volume 36, No. 3, July, 2017, http://publications.muet.edu.pk/research_papers/pdf/pdf1573.pdf [p-ISSN: 0254-7821, e-ISSN: 2413-7219]).
- Paper published in: Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Journal. Springer Journal, 2016 Impact Factor: 2.760, First Online: 14 September 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s11356-016-7644-7 (ISI Indexed)
- Paper published on-line by Elsevier in “Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences”, which is indexed in the Science Direct Database. “Performance Measurement: A Conceptual Framework for Supply Chain Practices” Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences,Volume 150, 15 September 2014, Pages 803-812, DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.09.089.
- Paper has been accepted for publication in the journal “Australia and New Zealand Journal of Social Business, Environment and Sustainability” (ANJSBES), ISSN:2206-4346 (Online).
- Paper Presented in the (APBITM), 2011 IEEE International Summer Conference, July 2011 Dalian, China, “Green supply chain management - Global opportunities and challenges: A case study”, INSPEC Accession Number: 12192644, DOI: 10.1109/APBITM.2011.5996280, (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5996280/).
- Paper Presented in the 6th conference “International Days of Statistics and Economic”, Finding Common Ground for Alignment of Supply Chain Paradigms. Held in Prague, Czech Republic,13-15, 2012 ISBN 978-80-86175-86-7
- Paper Presented in the 10th International Strategic Management Conference held in Rome, Italy, June 19-21, 2014: DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.09.089 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814051386).
Paper Presented in the Sydney International Business Research Conference (SIBRC) 2017’ held at Novotel Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia, from 24-26 March 2017. Paper number SIBSRC2017-P118-R13. ISBN 978-0-9946029-2-3
- Paper Presented in the 2018 IACB Clute International Conference held in San Francisco, California, USA, August 5-9, 2018: Green And Secure Energy Supply Chain: Through China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Azfar, Khan Rai Waqas. (2017). “Formulation and Validation of Framework to Measure Sustainable Supply Chain Performance with regards to Lean, Agile, Resilient and Green Practices”
Dr. Rai has been teaching following subjects to the following Bachelors and Masters Classes;
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
- Total Quality Management
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Economic Decission Analysis
- Health and Safty Managment
- Risk Managment
- Contract Managment
- Irrigation Engineering
- Public Health Engg
- Envirnomental Managment
Vetting of design Nalah Lai Expressway and flood channel project.
Designing of more than 50 projects for Army Navy and Air Force having Water Supply and Sewerage Schemes for buildings and cantonments.
Construction/supervision of Makran Costal Highway Project Liari-Ormara section.
Construction/supervision of National Highway N-5 (Obaro - Rohri Sec).
Construction/supervision of 40 km roads, in Khyber/Mohmand Agency under American embassy's (N.A.S) Project.
Construction/supervision of Cardiac Centre, renovation of different wards in CMH Lahore.
Project Coordinator for remedial measures of Hattian Bala Landslide Dam formed due to earthquake 2005 in AJK area.
Project Coordinator of Mangla Dam Raising Project, for monitoring of physical progress of construction as well as implementation of Environmental Management Plan (EMP) & Mitigation measures which were suggested during Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Project.
Project Coordinator for monitoring Right Bank Out Fall Drain project from Sewan to Gharu in Sindh.
Member Board of Officer deputed for evaluation of estimates & construction at New GHQ Complex at Islamabad as well as assisting in carrying out EMP & providing mitigation measures which were suggested during EIA. Carried out Pre feasibility Study for Small Dams in Mohmand Agency. Performed Disaster Management Duties.