Dr. Irfan Abid is currently the Head of Department/Assoc. Prof. at Department of Water Resource Engineering at Military College of Engineering, Risalpur, NUST. He holds MS Civil Engineering Degree and a Ph.D. Degree (with Hydraulics and Water Resources as specialisation) from The Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. He completed his BE (Civil Engg) degree from Military College of Engg (MCE) Risalpur Cantt in 1997-2000 with honours. Dr. Kamran has more than 15 years of work & education experience in the field of Civil Engineering, especially in Hydraulics and Water Resources. Dr. Kamran has over 5 international/ national research publications to his credit.
- Associate Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member of the Institute of Engineers of Pakistan
- Member of the Pakistan Engineering Council
- Member Board of Studies, Geography Department, University of the Punjab
- Member Board of Studies, Civil Engineering Department, Wah College of Engineering
- Member of the Georgia Institute of Technology Student Alumni Association
- Water Resource Management
Journal/ Conference Publications
- Sturm, T., Abid, I., Melville, B., Xiong, X., Stoesser, T., Bugallo, B. F., ... & Hong, S. (2017). Combining Individual Scour Components to Determine Total Scour (No. NCHRP Project 24-37).
- Hong, S. H., & Abid, I. (2016). “Physical model study of bridge contraction scour.” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 1-8. DOI: 10.1007/s12205-015-0417-x.
- Abid, I., & Hong, S. H. “Prediction of Location of Abutment and Contraction Scour Hole for Compound Channels.” (2018) Proceedings of the World Environmental and Water Resources Congress of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Jun 3-7 2018, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA Voi: pp 152-159
- Abid, I., Sadiq, A., Gabriel, H. F. and Ahsan, A. "Role of Tarbela Dam in Water Regulation of Indus River and its Effects." (2011) Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Construction in the 21st Century (CITC-VI)Construction Challenges in the New Decade, July 5-7 2011, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Vol: pp 1025-1031.
- International seminar on “Sustainable development of CPCE, prevention and remediation of geomechanical hazards along KKH”, at MCE Risalpur Campus of National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Pakistan, 12 May 2018
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Environment and Water Resource Institute (EWRI), World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 3-7 June 2018
- International seminar on “Advance numerical modeling techniques for complex geo-mechanical problems”, at MCE Risalpur Campus of National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Pakistan, 26 October 2017
- Universities council on water resources (UCOWR) and National institute of water resources (NIWR) annual water resources conference, Fort Collins Colorado USA, 13-15 June 2017.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Environment and Water Resource Institute (EWRI), World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, Sacramento, California, USA, 21-25 May 2017
- Universities council on water resources (UCOWR) and National institute of water resources (NIWR) annual water resources conference, Pensacola, Florida USA, 20-23 June 2016.
- Fulbright global food security seminar, North Carolina State University, North Carolina, the USA, 3-6 Nov. 2013.
- International training workshop on modeling water futures using environmental sustainability approach, Islamabad, Pakistan 22-23 Jan. 2013.
- International training workshop for stakeholders’ capacity building in flood warning and management, Islamabad, Pakistan, 20-23 Dec. 2011.
- International workshop on technological advances and challenges in water reclamation and reuse, Islamabad, Pakistan, 8-9 Dec. 2011.
- International workshop on safety management and OSHA standards, Islamabad, Pakistan, 26 July 2011.
- 6th international conference on construction in the 21st century, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 5-7 July 2011.
Course offered to Undergraduate Students:
- CE-354 Engineering Hydrology
- CE-251 Fluid Mechanics-I
- CE-252 Fluid Mechanics-II (Hydraulic Engineering)
- Redesigning of Emergency Spillway Stream of Mangla Dam for Enhances Flood Discharge after Mangla Dam Raising Project (On Going)
- Karachi Water Supply Scheme, K-4 Project (On Going)