January 2019 till Present: Faculty Admin Officer at Industrial Manufacturing Engineering, Pakistan Navy Engnieering College, Karachi.
Ms Syeda is working as Faculty Admin Officer for Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Department. It is a key administrative post within the Faculty administrative structure. She is responsible for co-ordinating and line-managing administrative staff within the Faculty; regularly monitors the quality of the Faculty’s administrative services in order to ensure that they are of the highest standards in accordance with NUST guidelines and statutory and regulatory requirements.
November 2009 till July 2018: Officer Incharge Examination Cell at Pakistan Navy School of Logistics, Pakistan Navy PNS Karsaz
At PNSL, she has worked as the Controller of Examinations for Officers, Sailors, and Civilian classes. The main responsibilities included:
- All matters concerned with the conduct of examination.
- Issuing date sheet, appointment of supervisory staff, allocating examination center(s) and issuance of admit cards to students.
- Preparation and display of final result notification (s) and sending the grade reports to Head Quarter COMKAR, Naval Head Quater Islamabad, and Bahria University Islamabad.
- Arrangement for the timely issuance/provision of the examination material, instructing the supervisory staff and holding their meetings as and when required.
- Postponement or cancellation of examination, in part or in whole, in the event of malpractices or if the circumstances so warrant after approval of Commanding Officer.
- Appointment of unfair means committee with the prior approval of Vice-Chancellor in relation to examination matters for carrying out investigation and convene meeting and issue notices thereof.
- Bringing into the notice of the Commanding Officer all cases of infringement of rules of examinations with full report for disposal.
- Maintaining over all examinations record of the students.
- Ensuring and maintaining strict secrecy of all information regarding the examinations.
- Issuance of transcripts to Undergraduate & Postgraduate students.
- Exercising such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed or assigned to him, by the Vice Chancellor.
She has also remained a member of PNSL Research and Development Cell, responsible for augmenting the local profile of research activities within the Pakistan Navy and for the development of appropriate industrial collaborations.
During 8 years, she has participated in 30 research assignments for PNSL, most of these research assignments were related to the uplifting of NUCs (Naval Utility Centres of Pakistan Navy managed by PNSL) and PNWA (Pakistan Navy Women Association) across Pakistan. In these assignments, she actively participated to devise relationship management policies and effective communication strategies with the public. She also supervised development of promotional digital and non-digital content (such as; videos and brochures) to develop PNSL’s reputation as a ‘Home of Logisticians’ locally and internationally (for Allied countries navies only).