NUST has established an Intellectual Property (IP) Office at its Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) H-12 Islamabad for IP management it evaluates inventions for commercial potential and facilitates filing of patents.
- Support to NUST researchers for patenting of their research and development work by proactively coordinating and communication with NUST schools / colleges / institute / centers and researchers.
- Raise awareness about Intellectual property Rights.
- Provide assistance in drafting and filing for patents and design rights, copy rights and trademarks for different projects (patent drafting form available in downloads).
- Initial prior search for patent and design rights.
- Assist in preparations of all related legal documents (e.g. patent application, trademark forms, MOUs and NDAs etc.)
- Maintain close liaison with WIPO and IPO –Pakistan and other related agencies.
Dy. Dir Intellectual Property
IP Office NUST