Facts & Figures
The ASAB faculty members and scholars published 79 research papers in reputed journals on various topics in the fields of Virology and Immunology between 2009-11 while 40 ASAB papers await publication. ASAB has established international collaboration with 14 universities of repute in USA, China and European countries. It has active linkages with 6 reputed universities in Pakistan.
A state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory at ASAB is rendering community services based on the philosophy that no one should be denied adequate healthcare due to lack of means. Special discounts ranging between 40 to 50% are available on the already reduced prices for each test.ASAB plans to add new programs to its already impressive portfolio such as Forensic Biology, Cancer Biology, Organ Transplantation, Plant Virology and Medicinal Plant Biology.
Research Department-ASAB (2013-Report)
||Biotoxicity, behavioral changes and tumorigenicity exhibited by BisPhenol-A in lab studies.
||Cancer modeling through measurement of mutation frequency at Thymidine Kinase 1 (TK1) locus to evaluate the mutagenic effects of UVa, UVb, UVc and ionizing radioactive exposure in areas of extreme climate change.
||University of Alabama, USA.
||Development of Vibriophages’ Cocktail and it’s testing in animal models.
||Role of MicroRNA-155 in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients as Potential Biomarker.
||Exiqon Grant Program 2013.
||Investigation of Role of miRNA 125(a/b) in Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) with relation to Obesity in Pakistani Patients.
||Exiqon Grant Program 2013.
1. Awais Rasheed, Tania Safdar, Alvina Gul Kazi, Tariq Mehmood, Zahid Akram and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. 2013. Characterization of HMW-GS and evaluation of their diversity in elite Synthetic hexaploid wheats. Breeding Science (IN PRESS).
2. Ahmed, S., Bux H., Alvina Gul Kazi, Rasheed, A., Napar, A. A., Rauf, A. and Mujeeb-Kazi, A. 2013. Stripe rust resistance in A-genome Amphiploids (2n=6x=42; BBAAAA) and their molecular diversity. Australian Journal of Crop Science (IN PRESS).
3. Madeeha Khalid, Tariq Mahmood, Awais Rasheed, Alvina Gul Kazi, Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. 2013. Glu-Dt1 Allelic Variation in Synthetic Hexaploid wheats derived from durum cultivar ‘Decoy’ × Aegilops tauschii accessional crosses. Pakistan Journal of Botany (IN PRESS).
4. Ahmad Ali, Muhammad Arshad, Awais Rasheed, Alvina Gul Kazi, Tariq Mehmood and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. 2013. Comparative assessment of glutenin composition and their relationship with grain quality traits in breadwheat germplasm. Pakistan Journal of Botany (IN PRESS).
5. Tahir, R., Bux, H., Alvina Gul Kazi, Rasheed, A., Ajmal, A., Napar, A. and Mujeeb-Kazi, A. 2013. Characterization of elite pakistan wheat germplasm for T1BL.1RS chromosome translocation. Journal of Agriculture Science and Technology (IN PRESS).
6. Naureen Ehsan, Sheeba Murad, Tamour Ashiq, Muhammad Uzair Mansoor, Summer Gul, Samra Khalid, Muhammad Younas. (2013) Significant correlation of TLR4 expression with the clinicopathological features of invasive ductal carcinoma of breast available online 13th Jan 2013, Tumor Biology, (ISOBM) 201310.1007/s13277-013-0645-y, (published online).
7. Waqas Nasir Ch., Irshad ul Haq. Saadia Andleeb. “Characterization of a virulent bacteriophage LK1 specific for Citrobacter freundii isolated from sewage water”. Accepted in J of Basic Microbiology.
8. Faraz Bhatti. A novel dsRNA element isolated from the Aspergillus foetidus mycovirus complex. Accepted in Archives of Virology
b) Journal Paers (Submitted)
1. Mariam Altaf, Sheeba Murad*, Sara Naheed Sabir, Huma Shahwana, Maria Khalid, Rabia Kanwal, Ayesha Waqar, Mohammad Ashraf and Attya Bhatti .Immunological Databases: An aspect of Immunoinformatics (submitted in 2013 with submission no: BIOINFO-2013-0187).
2. Muhammad Ibrahim Rashid, Habiba Rashid, WaqasNasirChaudhry, Muhsin Jamal, Tahir Hussain, Tauqeer Ahmed, Saadia Andleeb. Study of Bioactivities of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Virulence Factor Pyocyanin. Submitted to journal of Basic Microbiology.
3. Sadia Anjum, Faryal Mehwish Awan, Tahir Ahmed, Muhammad Sohail Afzal and Saadia Andleeb. Pegylated Interferon-Ribavirin bitherapy induced mutational analysis of HCV Envelope glycoprotein E2 from treated and untreated patients revealed a novel insight into HVRs.
4. Saadia Andleeb, Naima Atiq, Geoferry D Robson, Abdul Hameed, Safia Ahmed. 2012. Biodegradation and biotransformation of a phenothiazine dye in simulated textile effluent: Biotoxicity assessment of the treated effluent. Submitted to Journal of Basic Microbiology.
5. Mariam Altaf, Ayesha Waqar and Attya Bhatti. miRNA Databases: An investigation of Regulatory RNAs Informatics. Submitted in Journal: Briefings in Bioinformatics
6. Bibi Sabiha, Attya Bhatti, Peter John, Muhammad Ashraf. Role of epigenetic modification (DNA Methylation) in Rheumatoid arthritis. Submitted in journal: modern rheumatology.
c) Book Chapters
1. Ogbonnaya, F, A. Mujeeb-Kazi, Alvina G. Kazi, Evans L. Lagudah, Steven S. Xu and David Bonnett. 2012. Synthetic hexaploid in wheat improvement. In: Jules Janick Eds. Plant Breeding Reviews (IN PRESS).
2. A. Mujeeb-Kazi, Alvina Gul Kazi, Ian Dundas, Awais Rasheed, Piedu Chen, M. Kishi, David Bonnett, Richard R-C Wang, Hadi Bux and Sumaira Farrukh. 2012. Genetic diversity for wheat improvement as a conduit to food security. In: Donald Sparks Eds. Advances in Agronomy (IN PRESS).
3. Awais Rasheed, Alvina Gul Kazi, Tariq Mahmood and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. 2012. An overview of Omics for wheat grain quality improvement. In: Modern Techniques. (ed) M. Ozturk. Springer (IN PRESS).
4. Biotic Stress and Crop Improvement: A wheat focus around novel strategies. 2012. Alvina Gul Kazi, Awais Rasheed and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. In: Environmental Challenges and Crop Improvement. (ed) M. Ozturk. Springer (IN PRESS).
5. Sustainable agriculture for global food security. 2013. Alvina Gul Kazi, Malik Zahoor Ahmad, Muhammad Ashraf, Hadi Bux, Sumaira Farrakh and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. In: Agriculture in 21st century. (ed) Amir Raza. NOVA New York Press. (IN PRESS).
6. Reactive oxygen species and antioxidants in response to pathogens and wounding. 2013. Fakiha Afzal, Rabia Khurshid, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Reactive oxygen species, antioxidant network and stress signaling in plants. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Elsevier, NY. (IN PRESS).
7. Metabolomics use in crop improvement. 2013. Saleha Resham, Fizza Akhter, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Improvement of crops in the era of climatic change, Volume I. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
8. Modern tools for enhancing crop adaptation to climatic changes. 2013. Ghulam Kubra, Shabina Irum and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Improvement of crops in the era of climatic change, Volume II. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
9. Scenario of climate changes in the context of Agriculture. 2013. Anber Hamdani, Rida Rehman, Aisha Naseem and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Global climate change and plant adaptability, Volume I. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
10. Prevention of potential diseases of crop plants under the impact of changing environment. Khola Rafique, Sobia Zulfiqar, Sania Ahmed, Rabia Sultan, Alvina Gul Kazi and Abdul Mujeeb-Kazi. In: Global climate change and plant adaptability, Volume II. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
11. Agricultural Pollution; an emerging issue. 2013. Aqsa Abbasi, Ayesha Sajid, Namra Haq, Sammia Rahman, Zujaja-tul-Misbah, Gul Sanober, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Physiological mechanisms and adaptation strategies in plants under changing environment. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
12. Deforestation. 2013. Fatima Bukhari, Tahira Khan, Bakhtawar Fatima, Faria Khan, Zaineb Sohail, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Global climate change and plant adaptability, Volume II. (ed) Parvaiz Ahmad. Springer. (IN PRESS).
13. Biofuels; A blessing in disguise. 2013. Sarah Saleem, Orooj, Kinza Waqar, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. (ed) Munir Ozturk. Springer. (IN PRESS).
14. Phytoremediation of soils-prospects and challenges. 2013. Sarah Saleem, Orooj, Kinza Waqar, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. (ed) Munir Ozturk. Springer. (IN PRESS).
15. Plant Pharmacogenomics. 2013. Mutafeez Babar, Najam-us-Sahar Sadaf Zaidi, Muhammad Ashraf and Alvina Gul Kazi. In: Advances in Plant and Environmental Omics. (ed) Debmalya Barh. Springer. (IN PRESS).
Research Department-ASAB (2012-Report)
||Identification of mycoviral infection found in various pathogenic Aspergillus species found in Pakistan.
||24 Feb, 2012
||Dr. Faraz Bhatti
||Rs. 0.5 M|
||Identification of pathofenic mutations in the amyloid precursor protein in Alzheimer’s disease patients from Pakistani population.
||22 Feb, 2012
||Dr. Touqeer Ahmed
||Rs. 1.964 M|
||Functional Characterization of Arabidopsis thaliana Raf-like Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase kinases in Defense Response.
||09 Feb, 2012
||Wheat genomic diversity for developing stem rust resistanceagainst the local and UG99 races.
||08 Feb, 2012
||Dr. Alvina Gul Kazi
||Rs. 26.34 M|
||Characterization of unique allelic diversity at Glu-1 loci in A-, B- and D- genome amphiploids and their derivatives.
||09 Feb, 2012
||Dr. Alvina Gul Kazi
||Establishment of Ibn-e-Baitar botanical garden: Secure National Plant genetic Resource through Micro-propagation.
||13 Feb, 2012
||Dr. Muhammad Ashraf
||Identification and transcriptional profiling of Arabidopsis thaliana and Tomato Mitogen Activated Protein Kinases against biotic and abiotic stress.
||04 Jan, 2012
||To study in vitro immunomodulatory affects of cholecalciferol on hepatitis C virus infected hepatoma cell.
||04 April, 2012
||Dr. Sheeba Murad Mall
||NRPU, HEC grant
||Evaluation of D-genome based amphiploids and their bread wheat derivatives for powdery mildew resistance: Morpho-molecular characterization, diversity and utilization potential for wheat improvement.
||18 Jan, 2012
||Dr. Alvina Gul Kazi
||first IFS Research grant
||On line submit
||Cancer Cytogenetics Diagnostic and Research Laboratory (CCDRL) in ASAB-NUST.
||29 May, 2012
||Dr. Shoukat Iqbal Malik
||Identification and Characterization of Human Enteric viruses from environmental samples.
||18 Jun, 2012
||Mr. Tahir Ahmad
||Deficiency of Artimes Protein leads to increase in mutation load of TK6 cells due to p53 activation.
||07 Sep, 2012
||Dr. Nasir Jalal
||Proteomic identification of post-translationally modified and differentially expressed proteins in aluminum induced oxidative stress animal model for Alzhemer’s disease.
||19 Sep, 2012
||Dr. Saadia Zahid
||Truncated enveloped protein E2 of Hepatitis C virus as a potential vaccine against infection.
||23 Oct, 2012
||Dr. Nasir Jalal
||Productivity enhancement by development of transgenic virus resistant sugarcane through expression of artificial microRNA (amiRNA) carrying Sugarcane mosaic virus derived sequences.
||16 Nov, 2012
||Dr. Muhammad Tahir
||Development and vakidation of cotton-infecting begomoviral induced cell death via a modified betasatellite containing the Cyt c gene and whitefly RNAi-mediated knockouts in a model study plant.
||16 Nov, 2012
||Dr. Muhammad Tahir
||Development of amiRNA Strategies to Generate Broad-spectrum Resistance to Begomoviruses and Their Satellites.
||16 Nov, 2012
||Dr. Muhammad Tahir
||Evaluation of Conventional and pre-bred novel Wheat germplasm for stripe rust resistance for extened food security outputs.
||Dr. Muhammad Tahir
||Comparing the impact of Changing Climates on Pinus population Genetics: A Case Study of Pak-US Pine forest Dynamics.
||Dr. Muhammad Qasim and Dr. Muhammad Ashraf
||Isolation, 16s Based Identification and characterization of Bacterial Strains that are biocatalyst and Bio-Fuels Application.
||29 Nov, 2012
||Dr. Hussnain A. Junjua
||Specterum of Beta-Thalassemia in Province Punjab and KPK: Identification of Novel Mutatios”.
||28 Jan, 2013
||Dr Rumeeza Hanif
a) Research Papers (Presentation Details)
||Saadia Andleeb, Safia Ahmed.
||An investigation of anthraquinone dye biodegradation by Aspergillus flavus SA2 in self designed fluidized bed bioreactor.
||1st National Symposium on "New Horizons of Microbiology" Federal Urdu University of Arts Science and Technology, Karachi. 7th-9th nov, 2012, Pakistan.|
||Muhammad Ibrahim Rashid, Saadia Andleeb.
||Study of Bioactivities of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Virulence Factor Pyocyanin.
||Second National Conference on Biotechnology and Microbiology, 2012. University of Peshawar, Pakistan, July 7-10, 2012.|
||Saadia Andleeb, Safia Ahmed.
||Biological treatment of textile effluent.
||One day international conference on waste water treatment , Quaid I Azam University, Pakistan.|
||Terzoudi GI, Malik SI, Pantelias GE, Margaritis K, Manola K, Makropoulos W (Presented a talk as invited speaker).
||New Cytogenetics technique for the evaluation of Mutagenic and Carcinogenic substances in blood lymphocytes.
||Presented a talk as Invited guest speaker for Biotechnology Symposium at COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Abbottbad, Pakistan on 7th May,2012.|
||Manola KN, Terzoudi G I, Dardoufas CE, Malik S I
||Radioprotective effect of amifostine on cells from cancer prone patients and healthy individuals studied by the G2 and PCC assays.
||The First Pakistan National Biophysics Symposium held at NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, from June 1st-2nd 2012.|
b) Research Papers (Publication Details)
||YasirWaheed, Umar Saeed, SadiaTahir, Muhammad Sohail, Afzal, Muhammad Ashraf.
||Hepatitis Monthly, 12 (8): e6142. DOI: 10.5812/hepatmon.6142|
||Tabussum, S., Ashraf, M., Javed,H., Rashid, F., Mahmood, S.
||The Future of Biotechnology in Pakistan
||Journal of Asian Scientific Research. 2(9):518-523. 2012|
||Naimatullah, Abdul SamadMumtaz, Muhammad Ashraf and HadiBux.
||Optimization of high throughput DNA extraction from fresh leaf tissues of wheat for PCR assay.
||Annual Wheat newsletter Vol.57. 2012.|
||Mohammad SohailAfzal, ShakirUllah, Zia-ur-RehmanFarooqi, SadiaAnjum, TalhaShafi, Tahir Ahmed, Muhammad Ashraf, IshtiaqQadri.
||Association of Interleukin-10 polymorphism and malarial susceptibility in Pakistani Population.
||Asian Biomedicine 6(3): 337-342 2012|
||Mohammad SohailAfzal, SadiaAnjum, Zia-ur-RehmanFarooqi, Mamoona Noreen, SherZaman Safi, Muhammad Ashraf, IshtiaqQadri.
||Influence of IL-10 polymorphism on the development of coronary artery disease in Pakistan.
||Asian Biomedicine 6(2): 159-165 2012|
||HadiBux,Muhammad Ashraf, FidaHussain, Atiq-ur-RahmanRattu, Muhammad Fayyaz.
||Characterization of Wheat germplasm for stripe rust (Puccini Stiiformisf.sp.tritici) resistance
||Australian Journal of Crop Science. 6(1): 116-120 2012|
||HadiBux,Muhammad Ashraf, Xianming Chen.2012.
||Expression of high-temperature adult –plant (HTAP) resistance against stripe rust(PucciniaStiiformisf.sp.tritici) in Pakistan wheat landraces
||Can.J. Plant Pathol. 34(1): 68-74 2012|
||Muhammad Imran, YasirWaheed, SobiaManzoor, Muhammad Bilal, Waseem Ashraf, Muhammad Ali and Muhammad Ashraf.
||Interaction of Hepatitis C Virus proteins with pattern recognition receptors
||Virology Journal 9 (1); 126. 2012|
||SobiaTabassum, Faiza Abdul Rashid, HinaJaved and Muhammad Ashraf.
||An Overview of Herbal Antiviral Compounds against Dengue virus
||journal of Natural Sciences, ISSN 2072-4659 2012|
||SherZaman Safi, YasirWaheed, Joharia Sadat, Solat-Ul-Islam, SadiaSalahuddin, Umar Saeed, Muhammad Ashraf.
||Molecular study of HCV Detection, Genotypes and their routes of transmission in North West Frontier Province of Pakistan
||Asia pacific journal of tropical biomedicine. 532-536 2012|
||HadiBux, AwaisRasheed, Sher Muhammad Mangrio, SaeedAkhtarAbro, Syed Jawad Ahmed Shah, Muhammad Ashraf and Xianmimg Chen.
||Comparative Virulence and Molecular Diversity of Stripe Rust (PucciniaStriiformisf.sp.tritici) Collections from Pakistan and United States
||International Journal of Agriculture & Biology. 14 (6) 851-860. 2012|
||Sadaf Moeez, Peter John, Attya Bhatti, Javaid Mehmood Malik.
||ACPA (Anti-Citrullinated Protein Antibodies): Role in pathogenesis of RA and potential as a diagnostic tool
||Rheumatology International (Clinical and Experimental Investigations) DOI: 10.1007/s00296-012-2635-6|
||Yasir Waheed., Attya Bhatti., Muhammad Ashraf.
||RNA Dependent RNA Polymerase of HCV: A potential target for the development of antiviral drugs. Infection, Genetics and Evolution
||Infection genetics and evolution doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2012.12.004|
||Hashaam Akhtar, Yasmeen Badshah, Samar Akhtar, Naghmana Kanwal, Maha Nadeem Akhtar, Najam us Sahar Sadaf Zaidi, Ishtiaq Qadri.
||Prevalence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection among Transgender men in Rawalpindi (Pakistan)
||Virology Journal 9:229 doi:10.1186/1743-422X-9-229|
||Naghmana Kanwal, Najam us Sahar Sadaf Zaidi, Farakh Javed, Ishtiaq Qadri, Marium Kathleen Gomez.
||HCV Non Structural Protein 4B- A Membraneous Web Inducer
||Asian pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 457-501. (Elsevier Indexed)|
||Naghmana Kanwal, Peter John, Attya Bhatti.
||MicroRNA-155 as a therapeutic target for inflammatory diseases
||Rheumatology International http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00296-012-2559-1|
||Syed Fazal Jalil, Attya Bhatti, F. Yesim Demirci, XingBin Wang, Iltaf Ahmad, M. Ilyas Kamboh, M. Michael Barmada, Javaid Mehmood Malik.
||Replication of Genome-Wide significant SNPs with Rheumatoid Arthritis in Pakistani Population.
||Janjua HA, Segata N, Bernabò P, Tamburini S, Ellen A, Jousson O.
||Clinical populations of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from acute infections show a high virulence range partially correlated with population structure and virulence gene expression.
||Microbiology August 2012 158:2089-2098|
||Irshad Ul Haq, Waqas Nasir Chaudhry, Maha Nadeem Akhtar, Saadia Andleeb and Ishtiaq Qadri. 2012.
||Bacteriophages and their Implications on Future Biotechnology: A Review.
||Virology Journal 2012, 9:9.|
||Adnan Amin, Muhammad Ayaz Khan, Uzma Haroon, Sheikh Muhammad Farooq Azam, Saadia Andleeb, Pir Bux Ghumro.
||Determination of antibiotic resistance prototype and in vitro R plasmid transfer by conjugation between faecal Escherichia coli isolates from Broiler feces.
||Thai J Vet Med. 2012. 42(1): 87-93|
||Adnan Amin, malik Irfanullah, Abdul Hameed, Saadia Andleeb, Muhammad ayaz khan. 2012.
||Determination of antibiotic resistance patteren in Escherchia. Coli strains isolated from animal feaces in a farm house.
||Iranian journal of veterinary research 2012.|
||Waqas Nasir Ch., Irshad ul Haq. Saadia Andleeb., Ishtiaq Qadri. 2012.
||Isolation and characterization of virulent bacteriophage LK1 against Citrobacter freundii.
||Accepted in journal of Basic Microbiology 2012|
||Rasheed A, Mahmood T, Alvina Gul Kazi, Ghafoor A, Mujeeb-Kazi A. March 2012.
||Allelic variation and composition of HMW-GS in advanced derivatives from D- genome synthetic hexaploid × Bread wheat cross combinations.
||Journal of Crop Science and Biotechnology. 15(1): 1-7. DOI No. 10.1007/s12892-011-0088-1. http://www.springerlink. com/content/e777726927412240/|
||Arif, M.A.R., Bux, H., Alvina Gul Kazi and Mujeeb-Kazi, A. July 2012.
||Stripe rust analysis of D-Genome synthetic wheats (2n = 6x = 42, AABBDD) and their molecular diversity.
||Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection. DOI:10.1080/03235408.2012.677492.|
||Alvina Gul Kazi, Rasheed, A., Mehmood, T. and Mujeeb-Kazi, A. 2012.
||Molecular and Morphological diversity with biotic stress resistances of high 1000-grain weight Synthetic hexaploid wheats.
||Pakistan Journal of Botany. 44(3): 1021-1028.|
||Rafiq, K., Naz, F., Rasheed, A., Alvina Gul Kazi, Asad, S., Bux, H., Mujeeb-Kazi, A. 2012.
||Powdery mildew resistance in some new wheat amphiploids (2n=6x=42) derived from A- and B-genome diploid progenitors.
||Genetic Resources; Characterization and Utilization. 10(3): 165-170. DOI: IO.1017/S1479262112000202.|
||Hadi Bux, Awais Rasheed, Mahboob Ali Siyal, Alvina G. Kazi, Abdul Aziz Napar and A. Mujeeb-Kazi. 2012.
||An overview of stripe rust of wheat (Puccinia striiformis f. sp. tritici) in Pakistan.
||A Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection. 1-12. DOI.10.1080/03235408.2012.726399.|
||Nasar Virk, Bo Liu, Huizhuan Zhang, Xiaohui Li, Yafen Zhang, Dayong Li and Fengming Song 2012.
||Tomato SlMPK4 is required for resistance against Botrytis cinerea and tolerance to drought stress
||Acta Physiol Plant, DOI 10.1007/s11738-012-1160-2.|
||Sidra Anwar, Muhammad Tahir, Najam-us-SaharSadafZaidi, Rob W Briddon 2012.
||First report of Clerodendron yellow mosaicvirus infecting Croton.
||Journal of Plant Pathology, Vol 1, No 1 (1) http://sipav.org/main/jpp/index.php/jpp/article/view/2624|
||IrfanFareedBhatti, Muhammad Tahir, Rob W Briddon.
||First report of Cotton leaf curl Burewala virus infecting Ricinuscommunis.
||Journal of Plant Pathology, (Accepted in Printing press)|
||Bhatti, M. F., Jamal, A., Bignell, E. M., Petrou, M. A. and Coutts, R.H.A.
||Incidence of dsRNAmycoviruses in a collection of Aspergillusfumigatusisolates
||Mycopathologia, ISSN: 0301-486X (print version)ISSN: 1573-0832 (electronic version)174, 323–326. Received: 13 February 2012 / Accepted: 3 May 2012 published online on 20th May, 2012 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11046-012-9556-5/fulltext.html|
||Kozlakidis, Z., Herrero, N., Ozkan, S., Kanhayuwa, L., Jamal, A., Bhatti, M. F. and Coutts, R. H. A.
||Sequence determination of a quadripartite dsRNA virus isolated from Aspergillusfoetidus.
||Archives of Virology, ISSN: 0304-8608 (print version)ISSN: 1432-8798 (electronic version)Received :19 March 2012 / Accepted: 25 April 2012, Published online 4th July 2012. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00705-012-1362-3/fulltext.html|
||Umar Saeed , Nasir Jalal & Muhammad Ashraf (All authors are from ASAB, NUST).
||Roles of Cyclin Dependent Kinase and Cdk- Activating Kinase in Cell Cycle Regulation: Contemplation of Intracellular Interactions and Functional Characterization
||Global Journal of Medical Research (ISSN: 0975-5888) Volume XII Issue XI Version 1 December 2012, In press.|
||M. Noreen, A. Ali Shah S. Murad Mall, S. Chaudhry, T. Hussain, S. F. Jalil, I. Raza.
||TLR4 polymorphisms and disease susceptibility
||Inflammation Research (2012). ISSN: 1023-3830 (print version). 2012 Mar;61(3):177-88. doi: 10.1007/s00011-011-0427-1. Epub 2012 Jan 26. Web link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22277994|
||S. Choudhary, S. Murad Mall.
||Small interfering RNA- Modern Approach for intervening Pathological conditions. (Review)
||NUST Journal of Virology and Immunology, ISSN no: 2072-4659, Vol 2, No 2, 2012, pp. 16-19|
||Murad, Tamour Ashiq, Muhammad Uzair Mansoor, Summer Gul, Samra Khalid, Muhammad Younas.
||Significant correlation of TLR4 expression with the clinicopathological features of invasive ductal carcinoma of breast (Accepted: manuscript number: TUBI-D-12-00431R1)
||The journal of Tumor biology with impact factor 2.1Paper Accepted in (manuscript number: TUBI-D-12-00431R1), ISSN: 1010-4283 (print version)|
||Rehan Zafar Paracha, Fahad Perviez, Baber Aslam, Ayesha Obaid, Sidra Qureshi, Sobia Manzoor, Kaneez Fatima, Ishtiaq Qadri.
||Role of Viral Protein-Protein Interactions nd possible Targets for new Therapeutics
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.1-15|
||Shazia Choudhary, Sheeba Murad Mall, Sana Gul, Hayat Khan, Samra Khalid, Summer Gul, Noureen Ehsan, Memoona Noreen.
||Small Interfeing RNA- Modern Approach for Interveing Pathological Conditions
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.16-19|
||Asif Nawaz, Shefaat Ullah Shah, Kifayat Ullah Shah, Hashaam Akhtar, Asim-Ur-Rehman, Abid Hussain, Gul Majid Khan.
||Curcumin is Pharmacological and Therapeutic Properties Running Head-Drug Delivery
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.20-23|
||Farakh Javed, Sobia Manzoor, Huma Tariq, Fahed Parveiz, Muhammad Bilal, Nagmana Kanawal.
||Amplification and Cloning of Entire Stuructural Genome (core-E2) of Hepatitis C Virus
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.33-37|
||An update on the Pathophysiology and Pharmacology of Alzheimer’s Disease
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.38-43|
||Sobia Tabassum, faiza Abdul Rashid, Hina Javed, Muhammad Ashraf.
||An Overview of Herbal Antiviral compounds against Dengue Virus (Ae. aygepti)
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.44-46|
||Ayesha Karim Kiani, Asima Zia, Parveen Akhtar, Sadaf Moeez, AttyaBhatti, Peter John.
||New Genes and Emerging Mechanisms of Type 1 Diabetes
||Nust Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2, No. 2, 2012 pp.47-51|
c) Book Chapters
||H., M. Ashraf, A. Rasheed, A.G. Kazi, D. S. Poudyal and M. Afzal.
||Molecular Basis of disease resistance in Bux Cereal Crops. An overview”. In Book “Crop production for Agricultural Improvements
||Ashraf et al. Eds. 782 p DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-4116-4_18,pages 478-4862.|
||Syeda Sara Saleem, OroojSuraiya, KinzaWaqar, Muhammad Ashraf and AlvinaGulKaz.
||Biofuels - A blessing in disguise Springer Pub.3.
||AyishaNasim, RidaRehman, Muhammad Ashraf and AlvinaGulKazi.
||Editor: MunirOzturk; Global Warming and Climate Change.
||NOVA, New York Publishers.|
||Hadi Bux, M. Ashraf, Abdul S. Mumtaz, Awais Rasheed, Dipak Sharma Poudyal, Alvina Gul Kazi and Muhammad Afzaal.
||Molecular basis of disease resistance in cereal crops: An overview. Crop production for Agricultural Improvement.
||nger. PP. 477-489. DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-4116-4_18.|