Lee, E. K., Jin, Y. W., Park, J. H., Yoo, Y. M., Hong, S. M., Amir, R., Yan, Z., Kwon, E., Elfick, A., Tomlinson, S., Halbritter, F., Waibel, T., Yun, B. W., and Loake, G. J. (2010). Cultured cambial meristematic cells as a source of plant natural products. Nature Biotechnology 28, 1213-1217.
Yun, B. W., Yan, Z., Amir, R., Hong, S., Jin, Y. W., Lee, E. K., and Loake, G. J. (2012). Plant natural products: history, limitations and the potential of cambial meristematic cells. Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews 28, 47-60.
Amir, R., Minhas, N. M., Kazi, A. G., Farrakh, S., Ali, A., Bux, H., and Kazi, M. (2013). Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of wheat landraces of Pakistan. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture 26, doi: 10.9755/ejfa. v9726i9752. 17008.
Hayat, M., Abbas, M., Munir, F., Hayat, M. Q., Keyani, R. and Amir, R. (2017). Potentials of Flavonoids in pharmaceutics and nutraceutics. J Biomol Biochem November-2017;1(1):11-16
Khalid, M., Gul, A., Amir, R., Ali, M., Afzal, F., Quraishi, U. M. & Rasheed, A. (2018). QTL mapping for seedling morphology under drought stress in wheat cross synthetic (W7984)/Opata. Plant Genetic Resources, 1-8.
Khalid, M., Gul, A., Amir, R., Ali, M., Afzal, F., Qureshi, U.M., Rasheed, A. Opportunities and bottlenecks to manipulates beneficial alleles of adaptive traits in synthetic-derived wheats. (Submitted)
Khalid, M., Gul, A., Amir, R., Ali, M., Afzal, F., Qureshi, U. M., Rasheed, A. Mutations in wheat cell wall invertase gene (TaCwi-B1) underpin drought tolerance in derived synthetic wheat. (Manuscript in preparation)
Howat S., Amir R. and Loake G. J. Expression of selected transcription factors promotes paclitaxel biosynthesis in Taxus cuspidate. (Manuscript in preparation)
Lodhi, S.S., John, P., Gul1, A., Jamil, M., Alipur, H., Imadi, S.R., Amir, R. and Kazi, A. B. Association between grain size, shape and thousand kernel weight in Pakistan landraces (Manuscript in Preparation)
Lodhi, S.S., Gul, A., John, P., Haq, N., Jamil, M., Amir, R. and Kazi, A. M. Assessment of HMW-GS composition and allelic variation in bread wheat landrances from Pakistan (Manuscript in Preparation)
Amir, R., Taufiq, S., Noor, N., Nauman, I., Munir, F., Keyani, R. and Tahir, A.T. Stress Signalling under metal and Metalloid toxicity. Springer Nature, Singapore (In-press)
Amir, R., Iqbal, T., Khan, M., Munir, F. and Keyani, R. Abiotic Stress Signalling in Plants as Affected by Phytoprotectants. Taylor & Francis/CRC Press (In-press)
Amir, R., Hayat, M., Nauman, I., Khan, M. and Munir, F. Plants adaptive mechanisms under Arsenic Pollution. Springer Japan (In-press)
Amir, R., Munir, F., Kubra, G., Iqbal, T. and Khan, M. Plant Signalling Molecules and Cadmium stress tolerance. Elsevier (In-press)
Amir, R., Hussain, S., Noor-ul-Ain, H., Hussain, A., and Yun, B-W. ROS Mediated Plant Defense against Abiotic Stress. Springer Nature (In-press)
Eunjung K., Amir R., Yan Z., Elfick A., Loake G. J. (2011). Cambrial meristematic cells as a chassis for natural product synthesis. SB5.0 The fifth international meeting on synthetic biology. PA-170 (89).
Rabia A., Kwon E., Yan Z. and Loake G. J. (2012). Identification and characterization of key regulators of paclitaxel biosynthesis in Taxus cuspidata. UK PlantSci 2012 Conference, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
Rabia A., Kwon E., Yan Z. and Gary J. Loake. (2012). Identification and characterization of key regulators of paclitaxel biosynthesis in Taxus cuspidata SEB Annual Meeting 2012, Salzburg, Austria. C3.12(205).
Howat, S., Villarrea M. O., Amir R., Kwon E., Yan Z., Jin Y. W., Lee E. K., and Loake G. J. (2014). Cultured plant cambial meristematic cells as a chassis for the production of pharmaceuticals. New Biotechnology (ISSN: 1871-6784). Elsevier / 16th European Congress on Biotechnology. S14(31)
Amir, R., Iqbal, T., Khan, M. (2017). Oral presentation: Expression Profiling of Potential Flavonoid Biosynthetic Pathway Genes in Arachis hypogaea under Abiotic Stress. International conference on tackling climatic change through Plant Breeding (13-15 November, 2017)
Training/Workshops and Courses
1. Omics of Begomoviruses and its Impact on National Economy, Atta-ur-Rahman School of Applied Biosciences (ASAB), NUST, Islamabad, March 25-27, 2015 (organizer).
2. ICGEB training course on “Basic Biotechnology Techniques”, ASAB, NUST, Islamabad, February 23-25, 2016 (resource person).
3. IBRO-APRC ASSOCIATE SCHOOL ASAB – NUST, ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN March 14 – 18, 2016 (organizer).
Awards / Grants and Scholarships
1. Awarded Gold Medal in B.Sc. (Hons.), 2006.
2. Awarded Gold Medal and cash prize in B.Sc. (Hons.) by ABN, AMRO bank on the basis of highest percentage in the entire university, 2006.
3. Awarded Silver Medal in M.Sc. (Hons.), 2008.
4. Awarded HEC scholarship named "Overseas scholarship scheme for MS/M.Phil. Leading to PhD in selected fields phase II", Batch-5.
5. A Patent is signed with the University of Edinburgh on the basis of results generated in PhD project.
6. Acknowledged by Higher Education Commission and Newspapers and Blogs nationwide upon publication in Nature Biotechnology.
7. HEC approved supervisor.
8. Awarded HEC, NRPU Grant; 2015-2016, PKR 0.5M)
9. Awarded HEC, SRGP grant; 2016-2017, PKR 0.5M)