Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha- (HEC Pakistan - Approved PhD Supervisor)
Management & HR
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NUST Business School, H-12 Sector, Islamabad
Logistics and Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering
PhD in Industrial Engineering. ENSIACET-Institut National Polytechnique Toulouse, France. MS Mechanical Engineering. IMFT-Institut National Polytechnique Toulouse, France. MBA, NUST Business School,Pakistan.BS Mechanical Engineering GIKI, Pakistan
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha is associated with NUST Business School (NBS), where he is serving as Professor of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. He has more than seventeen years of industrial and teaching experience. His teaching and research areas of interest are Production & Logistics Systems, Supply Chain Management and Energy Management. He is a certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and a member of Association of Supply Chain Management (APICS) which is the world’s foremost body for the standardisation and propagation of supply chain management and related fields.
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha has vast experience of conducting research and has published more than 30 articles in International Journals and Conferences. He is recipient of Erasmus Mundus Leader Scholarship (in 2017) and Erasmus Mundus Fusion Scholarship (in 2016). He was awarded Prix Leopold Escande (best PhD thesis) for academic year 2009 at Institut National Polytechnique Toulouse (INPT).
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha has given numerous trainings and workshops pertaining to the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management at various organisations including Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), TELENOR Pakistan, Army School of Logistics (ASL), Professional Development Center NUST, University of Bremen (Bremen) and University of Brescia (Italy).
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha’s focus is on quantitative analysis and use of optimization and system analysis techniques to solve problems related to domains of
Production & Logistics Systems,
Supply Chain Management and
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha has experience of developing research collaborations with International Universities in Europe. This culminates in not only research publications but also frequent exchange programmes in which researchers travel to conduct research at collaborating universities. He is currently accepting PhD & MS students as researchers and is particularly interested in conducting research on strategic analysis of China Pakistan Economic Corridor from logistics and production engineering perspective.
- T. Zahid, M.H. Agha, T. Schmidt, “Investigation of surrogate measures of robustness for project scheduling problems”, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Volume 129, January 2019, pp. 220-227, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2019.01.041 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 3.18]
- S.S. Warsi, M.H. Agha, R. Ahmad, S.H.I. Jaffery, M. Khan, “Sustainable turning using multi-objective optimization: a study of Al 6061 T6 at high cutting speeds”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 100, January 2019, pp. 843-855, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-018-2759-2 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 2.6]
- M. Rafique, S. Hameed and M.H. Agha, “Impact of instrumental ties, tacit knowledge sharing and affective commitment on absorptive capacity – an empirical study of pharmaceutical companies”, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Volume 31, Issue 2, February 2019, pp. 125-139, https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2018.1490017 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 2.2]
- M. Rafique, S. Hameed and M.H. Agha, "Commonality, Conflict, and Absorptive Capacity: Clarifying Middle Managers Roles in Pharmaceutical Industry", Management Decision, Volume 56 Issue: 9, March 2018, pp.1904-1916, https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-11-2017-1086 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 1.70]
- MK Amjad, SI Butt, R Kousar, R Ahmad, MH Agha, F Zhang, N Anjum and U Asgher, "Recent Research Trends in Genetic Algorithm Based Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problems”, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2018, Article ID 9270802, 32 pages, February 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9270802 [Accepted, ISI Indexed Impact Factor 0.802]
- S.S. Warsi, S.H.I. Jaffery, R. Ahmad, M. Khan, M.H. Agha, L. Ali, “Development and analysis of energy consumption map for high speed machining of Al 6061-T6 alloy”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 96 Issue: 4, April 2018, Pages 91-102, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-018-1588-7 [In Print, ISI Indexed Impact Factor 2.6]
- M. Rafique, S. Hameed and M.H. Agha, "Impact of knowledge sharing, learning adaptability and organizational commitment on absorptive capacity in pharmaceutical firms based in Pakistan", Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 22, Issue 1, March 2018, Pages 44-56, https://doi.org/10.1108/JKM-04-2017-0132 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 2.35]
- S.S. Warsi, S.H.I. Jaffery, R. Ahmad, M. Khan, L. Ali, M.H. Agha, S. Akram, “Development of energy consumption map for orthogonal machining of Al 6061-T6 alloy”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954405417703424 [In Print, ISI Indexed Impact Factor 1.36]
- A. Ashfaq, Z.H. Kamali, M.H. Agha and H. Arshid, “Heat Coupling of the Pan-European vs. Regional Electrical grid with Excess Renewable Energy”, Energy, Volume 122, March 2017, Pages 363-377. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.01.084 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 4.29]
- M. Rafique, M.T. Nawaz, T.H. Syed and M.H. Agha, “Technology Transformation in Pharmaceutical Industries of Pakistan through Joint Efforts of R&D and Manufacturing Departments - A Process Centered Approach”, Sindh University Research Journal, Volume 49, Issue 1, March 2017, Pages 205-212.
- Muhammad Umar, Nawar Khan, M.H. Agha and Muhammad Abbas, “SAP-ERP Implementation: Change Management Model using Qualitative Approach”, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Volume 16, Issue 6, June 2016, Pages 9-13,http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/201606/20160602.pdf , ISSN : 1738-7906 [Emerging Source Citation Index]
- Muhammad Umar, Nawar Khan, M.H. Agha and Muhammad Abbas, “Exploring the Factors Affecting ERP Implementation Quality”, Journal of Quality and Technology Management, Volume 12, Issue 1, Pages 137-155, June 2016, http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/iqtm/PDF-FILES/06-Exploring_jun_16.pdf,
- M. Rafique, R. D. Evans, M.T. Nawaz and Mujtaba Agha,” Exploring the Required Success Factors for Developing Absorptive Capacity in Knowledge Intensive Organisations”, The International Technology Management Review, Volume 5, Issue 3, November 2015, Pages 125-134, http://dx.doi.org/10.2991/itmr.2015.5.3.2.
- M. Rafique, R. D. Evans, M.T. Nawaz and M.H. Agha,” Should Organisations Compete or Collaborate when Absorbing New External Knowledge?”, International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning, Volume 8, Issue 3, October 2015, Pages 4-10,http://dx.doi.org/10.3991/ijac.v8i3.4741.
- Irfan Ghalib, M.H. Agha, Shafqat Hameed, Muhammad Abbas Choudhary, “A Survey of Lean Implementation Gap Analysis in Public Sector Organizations”. Life Science Journal, Volume 9, Issue 4, October 2012, Pages 1261-1269, ISSN: 1097-8135 http://www.dx.doi.org/10.7537/marslsj090412.191 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 0.165]
- Shafqat Hameed, M.H. Agha, Muhammad Abbas Choudhary, “The Role of Data Protection Technologies: A Case Study”. Life Science Journal, Volume 9, Issue 4, October 2012, Pages 1270-1279, http://www.dx.doi.org/10.7537/marslsj090412.192 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 0.165]
- A. Hanif and M.H. Agha, “Utilizing Quality Tools: A Predictive Maintenance Perspective”. International Journal of Performability Engineering (IJPE), Volume 8, Issue 6, November 2012, Pages 699-704. [Scopus (Elsevier) indexed]
- R. Thery, G. Hetreux, M.H. Agha, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “The Extended Resource Task Network: a New Framework for the Integrated Scheduling of Batch Processes and CHP Plants”. International Journal of Production Research, Volume 50, Issue 3, February 2012, Pages 623-646, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2010.545444 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 1.03]
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Integrated Production and Utility System Approach for Optimizing Industrial Unit Operations”. Energy, Volume 35, Issue 2, February 2010, Pages 611-627, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.10.032 [ISI Indexed Impact Factor 3.65]
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Algorithm for Integrated Production and Utility System Scheduling for Batch Plants“. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, Volume 27, 2009, Pages 1497-1502. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1570-7946(09)70640-6 [Elsevier indexed, Book Series]
R.A. Liaqat, M.H. Agha and S. Warsi, “Evaluating competitiveness of Karachi Port using TOPSIS”, 6th CUST International Business Research Conference - CIBRC'17, October 19, 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- M. Rafique, R. D. Evans, M.T. Nawaz and Mujtaba Agha,” Analysing success factors in the development of absorptive capacity in Pharmaceutical Organisations based in Pakistan”, Advances in Business and Economic Development, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Business Administration (ICBA’15): 22-24th Feb 2015, Dubai, UAE.
- M. Agha, G. Artiques, G.Hetreux, R. Thery, P. Lopez, C.Merce, “Conduite couplée des ateliers batch et des centrales d’utilites (Projet GIMEP)”, Colloque Energie – CNRS, Montpellier, France, March 28-30, 2011.
- R. Thery, M. Agha, G.Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “A formalism for integrated production and site utility system scheduling”, 8th International Conference of Modeling and Simulation (MOSIM’10), Hammamet, Tunisia, May 10- 12, 2010.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Optimization of auto-production using industrial unit”.8th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, WCCE8 2009, Montreal, Canada 23 - 27 August 2009.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Integrated production and utility system approach for optimizing industrial unit operations”. 2nd International Congress on Green Engineering, GPE-EPIC 2009, Venice, Italy, 14 - 17 June 2009.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Vers un ordonnancement intégré des ateliers batch et des centrales de cogénération associées“. 8ème Congrès International de Génie Industriel, CIGI 2009, Tarbes, France, 10 - 12 June 2009.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Collaboration among companies for better energy management”, 18th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering, ESCAPE 18, Lyon, France, 1- 4 June 2008.
- R. Thery, G. Hetreux, M. Agha, “Modèle intégré pour l'ordonnancement d'ateliers batch et la planification de centrales de cogénération“. 7eme Conférence Internationale de Modélisation et Simulation, MOSIM 08, Paris, France, 31 March – 2 April 2008.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Gestion intégréemultisite de l’énergie et de la production (GIMEP)”. 9ème Congrès des Doctorants, EcoleDoctoraleSystèmes (EDSYS), Toulouse, France, 22 May 2008.
- M.H. Agha, R. Thery, G. Hetreux, A. Hait, J.M le Lann, “Projet de Recherche pour l'Intégration Multisite de l'Énergie et de la production (PRIME)”. Ecole Energie et Recherches (EER2008), organised by Centre Nationale Recherché Scientifique (CNRS), Fréjus, France, 9 – 14 March 2008.
Inventory and Warehouse Management (MS Logistics & Supply Chain Management)
Global Logistics and Transportation (MBA)
Supply Chain Network Design using Mixed Integer Linear Programing (MS Production Engineering)
Operations Management (BBA, MBA and MS Engineering Management))
Supply Chain Management (MS and PhD Engineering Management)
Operations Research (MBA, MS Engineering Management and MS Mechanical Engineering)
Manufacturing System Design and Analysis (MS Mechanical Engineering)
Problem Solving and Decision Making in Engineering Organizations (PhD Engineering Management)
Production Planning and Control (MS Engineering Management, MS Mechanical Engineering and PhD Mechanical Engineering)
Quality and Productivity Improvement (MS and PhD Engineering Management)
Doctorial Seminar in Management Science, (PhD Management)
Quantitative Analysis and Decision Making (Executive MBA)
Total Quality Management (BS Mechanical Engineering)
Project Management (BS Economics)
Manufacturing Processes (BS Mechanical Engineering)
Introduction to Productivity and Quality Improvement (BBA)
Design and Analysis Production System (BBA)
Dr. Mujtaba Hassan Agha is a Registered Professional Engineer with Pakistan Engineering Council and has more than seventeen years of professional and teaching experience. This includes five years of professional experience at National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) and four years of research experience in Toulouse, France (hub of Airbus industry). Since joining Academia, he has done consulting, research and project work for several industrial companies in Pakistan.