Dr. Waseem Hassan (HEC Pakistan - Approved PhD Supervisor)
Head of Department
International Business & Marketing
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NUST Business School, H-12 Sector, Islamabad
Marketing and Brand Management
Ph.D Management Sciences (2011-15) China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, PR China. MBA (Marketing) (2006-07), The Islamia University Bahawalpur
Dr Waseem Hassan has served in international education sector, with Wuhan University, PR China, and has also served banking Industry. He is teaching courses of Marketing Management Techniques and its implementation in the current market scenario, at NUST Business School.
Dr Waseem's research interests include Consumer Behaviour
and Changes in Consumer Behaviour due to different environmental, social and
behavioural factors at different point of time. Similarly, he has conducted
research to find out effect of these factors on Customer pre-purchase
dissonance, customer satisfaction and customer’s trust towards a brand.
Different companies from the household appliances industry in China and
Pakistan were taken in the study to find difference in customer experience in
- Waseem Hassan, Rizwan Shabbir, Sarah Imran, Effect of Word of Mouth on Customer Pre-purchase Dissonance, Customer Satisfaction and Brand Trust: A Study of Household Appliances Industry in China; Science International (Lahore), 2016; 28(2)1603-1610.
- W. Hassan, Sh. Chuanmin, R. Shabbir, Muhammad A. Gulzar. Customer cognitive factors on brand trust: a study of China's household appliances industry; International Journal of Academic Research Part B; 2014; 6(6), 321-328.
- W. Hassan, Sh. Chuanmin, F. Ghazanfar, Muhammad A. Gulzar, R. Shabbir. Customer cognitive factors on brand trust: a study of Pakistan's household appliances industry; International Journal of Academic Research Part B; 2014; 6(6), 309-315.
- J. Zhang, R. Shabbir1, C. Pitsaphol, W. Hassan, Creating Brand Equity by Leveraging Value Creation and Consumer Commitment in Online Brand Communities: A Conceptual Framework; International Journal of Business and Management;2015; 10(1)80-91.
- J. Zhang, R. Shabbir1, C. Pitsaphol, W. Hassan; Managing Consumer Commitment Through Online Brand Communities: Empirical Evidence From China; European Scientific Journal, 2015;11 (1)138-154.
- Shabbir, R., Zhang, J., Pitsaphol, C., & Hassan, W. (2015). The Dynamics of Value Creation in Online Brand Communities: Strategy Map Approach. Information Management and Business Review, 7 (1), 48-58.
- W. Hassan, Sh. Chuanmin Muhammad A. Gulzar, F. Ghazanfar, R. Shabbi, Cognitive Dissonance Creation by Cultural and Psychological Factors and Its Effects on Consumer Decision Making Process; Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences , 2014; 4(8)37-41.
Teaching Marketing Management to Undergraduate & Postgraduate programmes.
Dr. Waseem has worked in number of industries before
joining NUST Business School. Starting his career as Assistant Registrar
(Admin/HR) in The Islamia University Bahawalpur, he served the institute for 8 months before switching from government sector to banking sector
and joined Meezan Bank Limited in 2008 as Management Trainee Officer and later
served the organisation as Officer CAD up till 2011. In 2011, secured Chinese
Scholarship Council Scholarship for PhD and proceeded to China for further
studies and graduated in June 2015 with Doctorate in Management Sciences from
School of Economics and Management, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, PR
China. During his stay in China, he was also associated with Wuhan University as
Visiting Lecturer for Summer Courses. After his graduation, he joined Institute of Management Sciences, Bahauddin Zakariya
University, Multan and served the Institute for one year.