Refereed Journal Papers (SCI) [Total IF: 89.269]
1. R.A. Khushnood, Z. Ali, N. Shaheen and S. Ali. “Bio-mineralized self-healing recycled aggregate concrete for sustainable infrastructure” Science of the Total Environment. (IF:5.589) [Quartile Q1]
2. S. Afgan, R.A. Khushnood, S. A. Memon, & N. Iqbal. "Development of structural thermal energy storage concrete using paraffin intruded lightweight aggregate with nano-refined modified encapsulation paste layer." Construction and Building Materials 185 (2019): doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.116768.(IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
3. N. Shaheen, R.A. Khushnood, W. Khaliq, H. Murtaza, R. Iqbal and M.H. Khan. "Synthesis and characterization of bio-immobilized nano/micro inert and reactive additives for feasibility investigation in self-healing concrete" Construction and Building Materials 226 (2019): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.07.202.(IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
4. A. Khalid, R.A. Khushnood, A. Mahmood. "Impact of pyrolytic carbonaceous nano inerts addition on fracture and electromagnetic interference shielding characteristics of cementitious composites" Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics 103 (2019): 102320. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tafmec.2019.102320.(IF:2.85) [Quartile Q1]
5. R.A. Khushnood, and A.Nawaz. " Effect of adding graphite nano/micro platelets on salt freeze-thaw resistance of nano-modificent concrete" Materials Research Express 06 (2019). http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab2d86.(IF:1.45) [Quartile Q2]
6. W.L. Baloch, R.A. Khushnood, and W. Khaliq. "Influence of multi-walled carbon nanotubes on the residual performance of concrete exposed to high temperatures." Construction and Building Materials 185 (2018): 44-56. doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.07.051.(IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
7. A. Wisal, R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Memon, S. Ahmad, W.L. Baloch, and M. Usman. "Effective use of sawdust for the production of eco-friendly and thermal-energy efficient normal weight and lightweight concretes with tailored fracture properties." Journal of Cleaner Production 184 (2018): 1016-1027. doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.03.009.(IF:6.40) [Quartile Q1]
8. W.L. Baloch, R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Memon, W. Ahmed, and S. Ahmad. "Effect of Elevated Temperatures on Mechanical Performance of Normal and Lightweight Concretes Reinforced with Carbon Nanotubes." Fire Technology 54, no. 5 (2018): 1331-1367. doi.org/ 10.1007/s10694-018-0733-z .(IF:1.42) [Quartile Q1]
9. S.A. Memon, U Javed, R.A. Khushnood. “Eco-friendly utilization of corncob ash as partial replacement of sand in concrete." Construction and Building Materials 195 (2018): 165-177. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.11.063.(IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
10. A. Rasheed, S.H. Farooq, M. Usman, A. Hanif, N.A. Khan, and R.A. Khushnood. "Structural reliability analysis of superstructure of highway bridges on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC): a case study." Journal of Structural Integrity and Maintenance 3, no. 3 (2018): 197-207. doi.org/10.1080/24705314.2018.1492665.(IF:0.79) [Quartile Q3]
11. N. Shaheen, R.A. Khushnood and S.U. Din "Bio-immobilized Limestone Powder for Autonomous Healing of Cementitious Systems: A Feasibility Study." Advances in Materials Science and Engineering 2018 (2018). doi.org/10.1155/2018/7049121.(IF: 1.39) [Quartile Q2]
12. R.A. Khushnood , S. Muhammad, S. Ahmad, M.U. Qamar and S.A. Khan " Theoretical & Experimental Analysis of Multifunctional High Performance Cement Motar Matrics Reinforced with Varying Lengths of Carbon Fibers." Materiales de Construcción (2018). doi.org/10.3889/mc.2018.09617 (IF: 1.89) [Quartile Q1]
13. S.A. Memon, F. A. Shah, R.A. Khushnood and W.L. Baloch " Durability of sustainable concrete subjected to elevated temperature – A review." Construction and Building Materials 195 (2018): 165-177. htttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.12.040. (IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
14. R.A. Khushnood , S.U. Din, N. Saheen, S. Ahmad and F. Zarrar " Bio- inspired self- healing cementitious mortar using Bacillus subtilis immobilized on nano/micro additives" Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures (2018).(IF: 2.58) [Quartile Q2]
15. A. Khitab, S. Ahmad, M.J. Munir, S.M. Kazmi, T. Arshad, R.A. Khushnood, Synthesis and applications of nano titania particles: A overview, Reviews on advanced materials science, 53 (2018): 90-105. (IF:2.50) [Quartile Q2]
16. M. Azmat, M.U. Qamar, M.A. Shahid, E. Hussain, S. Ahmad, and R.A. Khushnood. "Ensembling Downscaling Techniques and Multiple GCMs to Improve Climate Change Predictions in Cryosphere Scarcely-Gauged Catchment." Water Resources Management 32, no. 9 (2018): 3155-3174. doi.org /10.1007/s11269-018-1982-9.(IF: 2.99) [Quartile Q1]
17. M. Usman, A.Y. Khan, S.H. Farooq, A. Hanif, S. Tang, R.A. Khushnood, and S.A. Rizwan. "Eco-friendly self-compacting cement pastes incorporating wood waste as cement replacement: A feasibility study." Journal of Cleaner Production 190 (2018): 679-688. (IF:6.40) [Quartile Q1]
18. S.K. Rehman, Z. Ibrahim, S.A. Memon, M.F. Javed, R.A. Khushnood. “A sustainable graphene based cement composite”, Sustainability, 9-7, (2017) 1229. doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.04.186.(IF: 2.59) [Quartile Q2]
19. F. Waheed, W. Khaliq, and R.A. Khushnood. "High-Temperature Residual Strength and Microstructure in Air-Entrained High-Strength Concrete." ACI Materials Journal 115, no. 3 (2018). (IF:1.25) [Quartile Q1]
20. A.S. Afify, S. Ahmad, R.A. Khushnood, P. Jagdale, J.M. Tulliani. “Elaboration and characterization of novel humidity sensor based on micro-carbonized bamboo particles”, Sensors Actuators B Chem. 239 (2017) 1251–1256. doi:10.1016/j.snb.2016.09.130. (IF:6.39) [Quartile Q1]
21. M.U. Qamar, M. Azmat, M.J.M. Cheema, M.A. Shahid, R.A. Khushnood, S. Ahmad “Model swapping: A comparative performance signature for the prediction of flow duration curves in ungauged basins”, J. Hydrol. 541 (2016) 1030–1041. doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.08.012. (IF:4.41) [Quartile Q1]
22. S. Ahmad, R.A. Khushnood, P. Jagdale, J.-M. Tulliani, G.A. Ferro. “High performance self-consolidating cementitious composites by using micro carbonized bamboo particles”, Mater. Des. 76 (2015) 223–229. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2015.03.048. (IF:5.77) [Quartile Q1]
23. R.A. Khushnood, S. Ahmad, P. Savi, J.M. Tulliani, M. Giorcelli, G.A. Ferro. “Improvement in electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness of cement composites using carbonaceous nano/micro inerts”, Constr. Build. Mater. 85 (2015) 208–216. doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.03.069. (IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
24. R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Rizwan, S.A. Memon, J.M. Tulliani, G. Ferro. “Experimental investigation on use of wheat straw ash and bentonite in self compacting cementitious system”, Adv. Mat. Sci. Engg. 1 (2014) 1-11. doi:10.1155/2014/832508. (IF:1.39) [Quartile Q2]
25. S.A. Memon, R.A. Khushnood, S. Khan, T.Y. Lu. “Utilization of Pakistani bentonite as partial replacement of cement in concrete”, Constr. Build. Mater. 30 (2012) 237–242. doi: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.11.021. (IF:4.05) [Quartile Q1]
26. M.U. Qamar, G. Daniele, P. Claps, M. Azmat, M.A. Shahid, and R.A. Khushnood. "Flow duration curve regionalization with enhanced selection of donor basins." Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research 6, no. 1 (2018): 70-84. doi.org/10.1080/23249676.2016.1196621. (IF:0.77) [Quartile Q3]
27. Q. Ullah, R.A. Khushnood, S. Ahmad, M. Usman, S. Muhammad, J.M. Tulliani, Performance evaluation of MWCNTs reinforced cement mortar composites using natural and commercial surfactants, Journal of Wuhan University, [In press]. (IF:0.45)
Journal Papers (X-Category)
28. A. Aseem, W.L. Baloch, R.A. Khushnood, and A. Mushtaq. "Structural health assessment of fire damaged building using non-destructive testing and micro-graphical forensic analysis: A case study" Case Studies in Construction Materials 11 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cscm.2019.e00258)
29. A. Khalid, R.A. Khushnood, A. Mahmood, G.A. Ferro, and S. Ahmad. "Synthesis, characterization and applications of nano/micro carbonaceous inerts: A review." Procedia Structural Integrity 9 (2018): doi :116-125. 10.1016/j.prostr.2018.06.019
30. A. Khitab, S. Ahmad, R.A. Khushnood, S.A. Rizwan, G.A. Ferro, L. Restuccia, M. Ali, I. Mehmood. “Fracture toughness and failure mechanism of high performance concrete incorporating carbon nanotubes”, Fract. Struct. Integr. 42 (2017) 250–259. doi:10.3221/IGF-ESIS.42.27.
31. S. Ahmad, J.M. Tulliani, G.A. Ferro, R.A. Khushnood, L. Restuccia, P. Jagdale. “Crack path and fracture surface modifications in cement composites”, Fract. Struct. Integr. 9 (2015) 524–533. doi:10.3221/IGF-ESIS.34.58.
32. R.A. Khushnood, S. Ahmad, G.A. Ferro, L. Restuccia, J.-M. Tulliani, P. Jagdale, Modified fracture properties of cement composites with nano/micro carbonized bagasse fibers, Fract. Struct. Integr. 9 (2015) 534–542. doi:10.3221/IGF-ESIS.34.59.
33. H.M. Rashid, S.A. Khan, R.A. Khushnood, and J. Ahmad. "Lateral Load Performance Analysis of Dhajji Dewari Using Different Infills." International Journal of Strategic Engineering (IJoSE) 1, no. 2 (2018): 1-12.
34. S.S.H. Gillani, A. Khitab, S. Ahmad, R.A. Khushnood, G.A. Ferro, S.M.S. Kazmi, L.A. Qureshi, L. Restuccia. “Improving the mechanical performance of cement composites by carbon nanotubes addition”, Procedia Struct. Integr. 3 (2017) 11–17. doi:10.1016/j.prostr.2017.04.003.
35. R.A. Khushnood, S. Ahmad, L. Restuccia, C. Spoto, P. Jagdale, J.-M. Tulliani, G.A. Ferro. “Carbonized nano/microparticles for enhanced mechanical properties and electromagnetic interference shielding of cementitious materials”, Front. Struct. Civ. Eng. 10 (2016) 209–213. doi:10.1007/s11709-016-0330-5.
36. G.A. Ferro, S. Ahmad, R.A. Khushnood, L. Restuccia, J.-M. Tulliani, Improvements in self-consolidating cementitious composites by using micro carbonized aggregates, Fract. Struct. Integr. 30 (2014) 75–83. doi:10.3221/IGF-ESIS.30.11.
1. Ahmad S, Khushnood RA, Savi P, et al. Effects of multiwalled carbon nanotubes on the complex permittivity of cement composites. Proceeding of IET Brunei international conference on engineering and technology (BICET), InstitutTeknologi Brunei, Brunei Darussalam. 2014 Nov 1-3.
2. Najam FA, Rizwan SA, Khushnood RA. Automation of a mix proportioning method developed for concretes with indigenous materials of Pakistan using knowledge-based GUIs in MATLAB Proceeding of Advances in Chemically-Activated Materials CAM' 2014, RILEM Publications, Changsha, China. 2014 June 1-3:175-183.
3. Ahmad S, Ferro GA, Bhatti AQ, Khushnood RA, Arshad A. Numerical modeling and simulation of a masonry arch in ANSYS subjected to impact loading. 72nd Annual Session of Pakistan Engineering Congress, Lahore, Pakistan. 2013 Dec 20-23(Paper no 740):171-84.
4. Khushnood RA, Ferro GA, Ahmad S, Najam FA. A comparative study on highway bridge barriers reinforced with steel and GFRP bars. 72nd Annual Session of Pakistan Engineering Congress, Lahore, Pakistan. 2013 Dec 20-23(Paper no 742):197-224.
5. Ahmad S. Usman M, Jung HJ, Khushnood RA, Rizwan SA, Bier TA. Artificial neural network (ANN) model for the prediction of the packing density of Lawrencepur sand. International Conference on Advanced Concrete Technology & Its Applications, Islamabad, Pakistan. 2012 Nov 6-7.
6. Sabir ZA, Khushnood RA, Ahmad S, Rizwan SA. Environmental friendly material; economic and structural benefits of pervious concrete for sustainable construction. International Conference on Advanced Concrete Technology & Its Applications, Islamabad, Pakistan. 2012 Nov 6-7.
7. Khushnood RA, Ahmad S, Sabir ZA. Retrofitting of existing columns of buildings and bridges using steel jacketing. 8th CCC, Durability of Concrete Structures, Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. 2012 Oct 4-6:273-8.
8. Khushnood RA, Ahmad S, Sabir ZA. Retrofitting of existing columns of buildings and bridges using FRP jacketing. 8th CCC, Durability of Concrete Structures, Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. 2012 Oct 4-6:267-72.
9. Aslam MH, Khushnood RA, Ahmad S. Sabir ZA. Preparation of rapid hardening concrete using locally available additives/admixtures. 8th CCC, Durability of Concrete Structures, Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. 2012 Oct 4-6:387-94.
10. Khushnood RA, Tahir TB, Raees A, Ahmad S. Possible utilization of Pakistani sugarcane bagasse ash as partial replacement of cement. 8th CCC, Durability of Concrete Structures, Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. 2012 Oct 4-6:395-400.
11. Khushnood RA, RizwanSA, Bier TA. Influence of incineration regimes on the pozzolanic properties of wheat straw ash for SCC/HPC. 7th European International Conference on Concrete Engineering, Budapest, Hungary. 2011 Sep 22-24:111-16.
12. Khushnood RA, RizwanSA, Bier TA. Locally available secondary raw materials for self compacting cementitious systems. 7th European International Conference on Concrete Engineering, Budapest, Hungary. 2011 Sep 22-24:141-46
13. Sabir ZA, Aslam A, Khushnood RA, Ahmad S. Earthquake resistant confined masonry structures with concrete beams and columns. International Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, Islamabad, Pakistan. 2011 Apr 25-26:377-83
Conference Poster Presentations
14. Jagdale P, Ahmad S, Khushnood RA, Tulliani JM, Tagliaferro A, Ferro GA. Bamboo based carbon material for improved mechanical properties of cement composite. XXIII International Materials Research Congress (IMRC), Cancun, Mexico. 2014 Aug 17-21.
15. Musso S, Khushnood RA, Ferro GA, Pavese M. Applications of Carbon nanotube/Cement Self-Sensing Nano-composite for Monitoring Stress and Strain downhole. Challenges in Nanoscience (ISACS 15), San Diego, USA. 2014 Aug 17-20.
37. PhD Thesis, “High performance self-compacting cementitious materials using nano/micro carbonaceous inerts”, Department of Structural, Geotechnical and Building Engineering (DISEG), Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
38. MS Thesis, “A study on self compacting cementitious systems using wheat straw ash and calcined bentonite”, National Institute of Civil Engineering (NICE), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pakistan.
39. BE Thesis, “Improvement in certain properties of concrete by utilizing jehangira bentonite as partial replacement of cement”, Military College of Engineering (MCE), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pakistan.