International Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Khaliq, W., and Kodur, V. (2011). “High temperature properties of fiber reinforced high strength concrete” Innovations in Fire Design of Concrete Structures - ACI SP 279, 3-1 - 3-42.
2. Kodur, V. and Khaliq, W. (2011). “Effect of temperature on thermal properties of different types of high strength concrete” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering ASCE, 23 (6) 793-801, doi:10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000225.
3. Khaliq, W., and Kodur, V. (2011). “Effect of high temperature on tensile strength of different types of high strength concrete” ACI Materials Journal, 108 (4) 394-402, doi: 10.14359/51683112.
4. Khaliq, W., and Kodur, V. (2011). “Thermal and mechanical properties of fiber reinforced high performance self-consolidating concrete at elevated temperatures” Cement and Concrete Research, 41(11), 1112-1122. doi:10.1016/j.cemconres.2011.06.012.
5. Kodur, V., Kand, S. and Khaliq, W. (2012). Effect of temperature on thermal and mechanical properties of steel bolts” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering ASCE, 24 (6), 765-774, doi: dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0000445.
6. Khaliq, W., and Kodur, V. R. (2012). “High temperature mechanical properties of high-strength fly ash concrete with and without fibers” ACI Materials Journal, 109 (6), 665-674, doi: 10.14359/51684164.
7. Khaliq, W. and Kodur, V. (2013). “Behavior of high strength fly ash concrete columns under fire conditions” Materials and Structures, Springer, Vol 46, Issue 5, pages 857-867, doi: 10.1617/s11527-012-9938-7.
8. Kodur, V. Mao, X. Raut, N. and Khaliq, W. (2013). “Simplified approach for evaluating residual strength of fire-exposed reinforced concrete columns” Materials and Structures, Springer, Volume 46, Issue 12, pp 2059-2075, ISSN: 1359-5997 (Print) 1871-6873 (Online), 28 Feb 2013, doi: 10.1617/s11527-013-0036-2.
9. Kodur, V., Khaliq, W., and Raut, N. (2013). “An approach to account for tie configuration in predicting the fire resistance of reinforced concrete columns” Engineering Structures, Volume 56, November 2013, Pages 1976-1985, doi:10.1016/j.engstruct.2013.08.023.
10. Wasim Khaliq and Hammad Anis Khan (2015), “High temperature material properties of calcium aluminate cement concrete” Construction and Building Materials, Volume 94, Pages 475-487, ISSN: 0950-0618, published (online) 16 July 2015, doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.07.023.
11. Wasim Khaliq and Muhammad Basit Ehsan (2016), “Crack healing in concrete using various bio influenced self-healing techniques” Construction and Building Materials, published (online) 2 November 2015 Volume 102, Pages 349–357, ISSN: 0950-0618, doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.11.006.
12. Ahmed Husnain, Ishtiaq Ahmed Qazi, Wasim Khaliq, Muhammad Arshad, (2016) “Immobilization in cement mortar of chromium removed from water using titania nanoparticles” Journal of Environmental Management, Elsevier, ISSN: 0301-4797, Volume 172, pages 10-17, doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.02.026.
13. Wasim Khaliq and Farrukh Bashir (2016), “High temperature mechanical and material properties of burnt masonry bricks” Materials and Structures, Springer, ISSN: 1359-5997, Volume 49, Issue 12, pages 5195-5208, doi:10.1617/s11527-016-0854-0.
14. Wasim Khaliq and Waqas Javaid, (2016) “Characterization of conventional and modern curing techniques in concrete”, Key Engineering Materials, Trans Tech Publications, ISSN: 1662-9795, Vol. 711, pp 1118-1125.
15. Wasim Khaliq and Waqas Javaid, (2017), “Efficiency comparison of conventional and unconventional curing methods in concrete” ACI Materials Journal, 114 (2), 285-294, doi: 10.14359/51689564.
16. Wasim Khaliq and Farhan Waheed, (2017), "Mechanical response and spalling sensitivity of air entrained high-strength concrete at elevated temperatures" Construction and Building Materials, Volume 150, Pages 747–757, ISSN: 0950-0618, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.06.039.
17. Wasim Khaliq and Ahmed Moghis (2017), “Shear performance of infilled cold formed light-gauge steel shear-wall panels with fiber cement board sheathing” International Journal of Steel Structures, 17(4), 1404-1414, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-017-1211-z.
18. Khaliq, W., and Kodur, V.K.R. (2018), “Effectiveness of Polypropylene and Steel Fibers in Enhancing Fire Resistance of High-Strength Concrete Columns” ASCE J. of Structural Engineering, Vol 144 Issue 3, pages 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001981.
19. Wasim Khaliq and Taimur (2018), " Mechanical and physical response of recycled aggregates high-strength concrete at elevated temperatures" Fire Safety Journal, Vol 96, pages 203-214, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.firesaf.2018.01.009.
20. Farhan Waheed, Wasim Khaliq and Rao Arsalan Khushnood (2018), "High-temperature residual strength and microstructure in air-entrained high-strength concrete", ACI Materials Journal, 115 (3), 425-435, doi: 10.14359/51702037.
21. Waqas Latif Baloch, Rao Arsalan Khushnood, Wasim Khaliq, (2018), "Influence of multi-walled carbon nanotubes on the residual performance of concrete exposed to high temperatures", Construction and Building Materials, ISSN: 0950-0618, Volume 185, dated 10 October 2018, Pages 44-56, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.07.051.
22. Wasim Khaliq and Abdul Mujeeb (2018), “Effect of processed pozzolans on residual mechanical properties and macrostructure of high-strength concrete at elevated temperatures” Structural Concrete the Journal of fib, published: 23 September 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/suco.201800074, Pages 307-317.
23. Nafisa Shaheen, Rao Arsalan Khushnood, Wasim Khaliq Habib Murtaza, Rafay Iqbal, Muhammad Humza Khan (2019), “Synthesis and characterization of bio-immobilized nano/micro inert and reactive additives for feasibility investigation in self-healing concrete” Construction and Building Materials, ISSN: 0950-0618, Volume 226, 19 July 2019, Pages 492-506, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.07.202.
24. Momina Rauf, Wasim Khaliq, Rao Arsalan Khushnood, Iftikhar Ahmed (2019), “Comparative performance of different bacteria immobilized in natural fibers for self-healing in concrete” Construction and Building Materials, submitted.
25. Muhammad Sadiq, Rao Arsalan Khushnood, Muhammad Ilyas, Wasim Khaliq, and Javed Iqbal (2019), "Analysis of full-scale aircraft impact to reinforced concrete and steel plate reinforced concrete multiple barriers", draft ready for submission.
26. Muhammad Sadiq, Wasim Khaliq, Muhammad Ilyas, and Rao Arsalan Khushnood (2019), “Comparative assessment of impact analysis methods applied to large commercial aircraft crash on reinforced concrete containment”, draft ready for submission.
27. Muhammad Bilal, Muhammad Yaqub, Wasim Khaliq, and Shahzad Hashim, “Repair performance in circular reinforced concrete columns damaged by sulfate attack”, ACI Materials Journal, submitted.
International Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings and Presentations
1. Khaliq, W. (speaker), Kodur V. “Effect of high temperature on tensile strength of different types of high strength concrete”, Proceedings: ACI Spring Convention, Chicago, IL, March 21-25, 2010.
2. Attended ACI Fall Convention, Pittsburg, PA, October 24-28, 2010 and assisted in proceedings of ACI Committee 216 meeting and decisions.
3. Khaliq, W. (speaker), Kodur V. “Modeling the effect of tie configuration on fire performance of high strength concrete columns.” Proceedings, ACI Fall Convention, Cincinnati, OH, October 16-20, 2011.
4. Khaliq, W. and Kodur, V. (speaker). "Effect of tie configuration on fire performance of high strength concrete columns", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Structures in Fire, Zurich, Switzerland, 6-8 June 2012, Pages 609-618. Eds. M. Fontana, A. Frangi, M. Knobloh. DOI: 10.3929/ethz-a-007050197.
5. Wasim Khaliq (speaker), “Fire behavior of high performance concrete structures”, International Conference on Advanced Concrete Technology & its Applications – (ACTA-2012), NUST Islamabad, Pakistan, November 6-7, 2012.
6. Khaliq, W. and Kodur, V. (speaker), Raut, N. “Comparative fire performance of high strength concrete columns with different types of fiber reinforcement”, Proceedings of International Conference, Applications of Structural Fire Engineering, Prague, Czech Republic, 19-20 April 2013, Pages 493-500. Eds. Wald F., Burgess I., Horová K., Jána T., Jirkù J. ISBN – 978-80-01-05204-4.
7. Wasim Khaliq (speaker), “Concrete Structures & Material Behavior under Fire Conditions - Performance Problems, Knowledge Gaps and Research Needs”, International Conference on “Structural Fire Safety and Design”, NUST Islamabad, Pakistan, July 2-3, 2013.
8. Wasim Khaliq (speaker), "Behavior of Fiber Reinforced and Plain High Performance Concrete at Elevated Temperatures", 5th World Engineering Congress - Building and infrastructural Engineering, September 23 – 25 2013, Islamabad, Pakistan.
9. Kodur, V. (speaker) and Khaliq, W., "Fire Performance of High-Strength Concrete Columns with Different Types of Fiber-Reinforcement", Fiber-Reinforced Concrete for Sustainable Structures, ACI Fall 2013 Convention, Phoenix, AZ, October 20-24, 2013.
10. Saad Ullah (speaker), Wasim Khaliq and Musaad Zaheer, "Incorporating Fracture Mechanisms in the Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures", Special Session on Structural Solid Mechanics, 4th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management 2013, Kandy, Sri Lanka, 13-15 December 2013.
11. Wasim Khaliq and Waqas Javaid (speaker), "Comparative Study of Curing of Concrete using Various Curing Techniques", International Conference on Advanced Concrete Technology & its Applications – (ACTA-2014), ISBN: 978-969-8535-27-8, NUST Islamabad, Pakistan, September 30, 2014.
12. Wasim Khaliq and Umaid Bin Mansoor (speaker), “Energy Efficient Design and Sustainable Buildings”, International Conference on Energy Systems and Policies (ICESP 2014), Air University, Islamabad, Pakistan, November 24-26, 2014, ISBN: 978-1-4799-6555-7, pages 1-6.
13. Wasim Khaliq (speaker) and Hammad Anis Khan, “High Temperature Properties of Calcium Aluminate Cement Concrete”, PROTECT2015 - Fifth International Workshop on Performance, Protection & Strengthening of Structures under Extreme Loading, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA, 28-30 June, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-60595-227-7, pages 204-212.
14. Khaliq, W. (speaker), Kodur V., “Effect of Pozzolans and Fibers on Fire Behavior of Different High Strength Concrete Types”, CONFAB 2015 - The First International Conference on Structural Safety under Fire & Blast, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, 2-4 September 2015.
15. Muhammad Khaliq ur Rashid Kayani, Wasim Khaliq, and Muhammad Shehzad (speaker), “Shear behavior of reinforced concrete slender beams”, EURO-MED-SEC-1, The First European and Mediterranean Structural Engineering and Construction Conference, “Interaction between Theory and Practice in Civil Engineering and Construction”, Istanbul, Turkey, May 24-29, 2016, ISBN: 978-0-9960437-2-4, page 129-134.
16. Khaliq, W., Kodur V., “Mechanical properties of fiber reinforced high strength concrete at elevated temperatures”, 7th International Conference on Advanced Composite Materials in Bridges and Structures, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 24 – 26 August 2016.
17. Wasim Khaliq and Waqas Javaid, “Characterization of Conventional and Modern Curing Techniques in Concrete” 8th International Conference on Concrete Under Severe Conditions-Environment & Loading. CONSEC 2016, Politecnico di Milano, 12-14 September 2016, Lecco, Lake Como, Italy, published in Key Engineering Materials, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, ISSN: 1662-9795, Vol. 711, pages 1118-1125, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.711.1118.
1. Akram, T., Memon, S. A., and Khaliq, W. (2008). "Effect of Support Conditions on Structural Response under Dynamic Loading." Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Pakistan, 27(2), 157-170.
National Conference Proceedings and Presentations
1. Seminar to HoDs and senior faculty on “Outcomes based education system for accreditation as per Washington Accord and preparation of self-assessment report’, NUST, Pakistan, 27 Nov 2014.
2. ‘What is expected from students as graduate attributes in Outcomes Based Education System’ seminar to civil engineering students at COMSATS University Wah, Pakistan 8 Dec 2014.
3. Seminar to NUST College of Civil Engineering on "Reinforced concrete structural systems" (0.5 PDHs) at MCE Risalpur Campus on 9 March 2017.
MS Research/Thesis Supervised
1. Ahmed Moghis, MS Structures 2010 Batch, 2010-NUST-MS PhD-Str-02, “Behavior of Cold Formed Light Gauge Steel Framed hollow and In-Filled Shear Walls with Fiber Cement Board Sheathing”, defended 3 Apr 2014. (IF paper from this research)
2. Mohammad Rameez Sohail, MS Structures 2010 Batch, Registration Number 2010-NUST-MSPhD-Str-08, “Comparison of Confinement Provided by CFRP and GFRP Wrapping to Normal and High Strength Concrete”, defended 15 Apr 2014.
3. Hammad Anis Khan, MS Structures 2012 Batch, Registration Number NUST201260957MSCEE15212F, “High Temperature Material Properties of Calcium Aluminate Cement Concrete”, defended 12 May 2015. (IF paper from this research)
4. Muhammad Farrukh Bashir, MS Structures 2011 Batch, Registration Number 2011-NUST-MSPhD-Str-10, “High Temperature Mechanical and Material Properties of Burnt Masonry Bricks”, defended 25 August 2015. (IF paper from this research)
5. Hazoor Bakhsh, MS Structures 2011 Batch, Registration Number 2011-NUST-MS-Str-13, “Factors governing flexure and shear behavior of reinforced concrete wide beams”, defended 2 Sep 2015.
6. Muhammad Basit Ehsan MS Structures 2012 Batch, Registration Number NUST201260965MSCEE15212F, “Crack healing in concrete using various bio influenced self-healing techniques”, defended 6 Jan 2016. (IF paper from this research)
7. Waqas Javaid, MS Structures 2012 Batch, Registration Number NUST201260964MSCEE15212F, “Effectiveness of various curing techniques in concrete.” defended 24 Mar 2016. (IF paper from this research)
8. Umaid Bin Mansoor, MS Structures 2012 Batch, Registration Number NUST2012609981MSCEE15212F, “Towards energy efficient design and sustainable buildings.” defended 18 Aug 2016. (Conf paper from this research)
9. Taimur, MS Structures 2013 Batch, Registration Number NUST201363014MSCEE15213F, “The effect of high temperature on mechanical and material response of recycled aggregates high strength concrete”, defended 13 April 2017. (IF paper from this research)
10. Muhammad Safdar, MS Structures 2013 Batch, Registration Number NUST201362233MSCEE15213F, “Structural fire performance of fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) strengthened high strength concrete (HSC) beams using opensees software” defended 05 Jun 2017.
11. Farhan Waheed, MS Structures 2013 Batch, Registration Number NUST201362257MSCEE15213F, Fire Properties of High Strength Air Entrained Concrete, defended 11 July 2017. (2 IF papers from this research)
12. Abdul Mujeeb Khan, MS Structures 2013 Batch, Registration Number NUST201362911MSCEE15213F, Performance of High Strength Concrete Containing Rice Husk Ash and Bagasse Ash under Elevated Temperature, defended 11 July 2017. (IF paper from this research)
13. Waqas Latif Baloch, MS Structures 2015 Batch, Registration Number 00000118089, “Thermal and mechanical behavior of nano-modificent concrete at elevated temperatures” defended 03 Oct 2017. (IF paper from this research)
14. Muhammad Sadiq, MS Structures 2014 Batch, Registration Number NUST 201463401MSCEE15214F, “Analysis of concrete structure against aircraft impact using ANSYS/LS-DYNA” defended 15 Mar 2018. (2 IF papers submitted from this research)
15. Momina Rauf, MS Structures 2016 Batch, Registration Number 00000172154, “Bio Influenced self-healing concrete using various fibrous carriers” defended 18 Apr 2019. (IF paper submitted from this research)