Dr. Badee Alshameri
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NICE, SCEE, NUST
Geo Technical Engineering
PhD (Geo Technical Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), Malaysia)
Assist. Prof. Dr. Badee Alshameri, has a vast academic and employment background from being a lecturer, consultant, trainer, head of civil engineering department, engineering geologist, and teaching in private sectors, to working with government sectors as a geotechnical and geophysical engineer, teaching, and a field hydrogeologist. During his PhD journey, he combined the experience from the master study (geotechnics), degree study (earth science - geophysics), and his practical work background to come up with PhD thesis titled “Combining Seismic and Geotechnical Methods to Improve the Prediction of Physical Soil Properties”. He has done PhD in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering) from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) in 2017; Masters in Geotechnical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), in 2011 and Bachelor's Degree in Earth Science (Geophysics and Hydrogeology), Sana’a University, Yemen in 1999.
- Geotechnical engineering & Geological engineering
- Applications of the seismic methods on the physical model
- Bender element applications and development
- Applications of the near-surface geophysics methods (particularly the seismic methods) in the shallow investigation such as compacted soils and pavement
- Soil and rock field investigations & slop stability
- Laboratory geotechnics investigation (measuring index, compaction, and strength properties)
- Alshameri, B. & Madun, A. (2019). Comprehensive Correlations between the Geotechnical and Seismic Data Conducted via Bender Element. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering. DOI: 10.1007/s10706-019-00963-5. Accepted. WOS, SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Madun, A & Bakar, I. (2017). Assessment on the Effect of Fine Content and Moisture Content towards Shear Strength. Geotechnical Engineering. 48(4).76-86. WOS, SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Madun, A. & Bakar, B. (2017). Comparison of the Effect of Fine Content and Density towards the Shear Strength Parameters. Geotechnical Engineering. 48(2). 104-110. WOS, SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Bakar, I., Madun, A., Abdeldjouad, L., & Dahlan. S. H., (2016). Effect of Coarse Materials Percentage in the Shear Strength. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 136, 012017 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/136/1/012017. SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Madun, A., Bakar, I. & Mohamad, E.T., (2015). Effect of Sensor Rotation on Assessment of Bender Element Apparatus. Jurnal Teknologi, 77(11), 51–57. WOS, SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Bakar, I., Madun, A. and Mohamad, E.T. (2015). Effect of Alignment on the Quality of Bender Element Procedure. Jurnal Teknologi, 76(2), 73-80. WOS, SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., Ismail Bakar & Aziman Madun. (2014). Assessment of Bender Element Apparatus Procedure Limitation for Alignment. Proceedings of SoftSoils 2014. Bandung, Indonesia. October 21-23rd 2014. J8;1-7
- Alshameri, B., Mohamad, E.T., Bakar, I. & Madun, A. (2013). Performance of Some Rock Index Tests in Older Alluvium as Midpoint between the Soil and Rock. Soft Soil Engineering Challenges and Sustainable Solutions. Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. 17th-19th Sep 2013: pp T1-23.
- Mohamad, E. T., Alshameri, B., Md Isa, M. F., Kassim, K. A., Gofar, N., & Saad. R. (2011). The effects of moisture content on the behaviour of older alluvium. National Geoscience Conference 2011. The Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia. 11th–12th June 2011: pp P1-21.
- Mohamad, E.T., Alshameri, B., Kassim, K.A. & Gofar, N. (2011). Shear strength behaviour for older alluvium under different moisture content. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 16., Bund. F. 605-617. SCOPUS
- Alshameri, B., (2010). Engineering properties of older alluvium. Master dissertation, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Malaysia.
- Tecahing Geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, engineering geology, foundation engineering, geology, geophysics, and hydrogeology
- Teaching the geotechnical and geological subjects to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at NUST.
1. Yemen Company for Investment Oil & Minerals (YICOM), Yemenv (2011-2019)
Geotechnical & Geophysical Engineer at Department of Exploration and Drilling
2. Eduglobe Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia (2017-2018)
Consultant & Trainer
3. Ibn Seena’a International University for Science and Technology, Yemen (2011-2012)
Head of Civil Engineering Department
4. Engineering Local Office, Yemen (2007)
5. Ministry of Education, Yemen (2000-2007)
6. National Water Resource Authority-NWRA, Yemen (2000)