Dr Nabeel Anwar(HoD)
Department of Biomedical Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
H-12,NUST HQ, Islamabad
PhD (Biomedical Engineering), University of Genoa, Italy
Dr Nabeel Anwar has done his Master and PhD in Biomedical Engineering from University of applied Sciences Luebeck, Germany and University of Genova, Italy respectively. Prior to joining NUST, he worked as member for research and education at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, and as a research scientist at TOYOTA Collaboration Center BSI-RIKEN, Japan.
He is serving as Head of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Department of SMME-NUST; and as visiting research scientist in RIKEN-BSI, Japan. He is the principal investigator of Human Systems Lab ( http://hsl.smme.nust.edu.pk/index.html ) and works in the area of neuralengineering, human motor learning, biomedical signals processing, and application of membranes and nanoparticles for filtration.
- Neurofeedback techniques for learning.
- Relationship between inherited ability to control motor rhythms and performance.
- Design and manufacturing of micro electrodes for in-vitro stimulation and recording.
- Automated segmentation and classification of lesion on breast ultrasound.
- Nanoparticles functionalized polymeric membrane for water disinfection.
- Invitro evaluation of antifungal drugs
- Oil film thickness measurement system for engine journal bearings using localized capacitive technique
- Follower Speed Monitoring System
· Oil film thickness measurement system for engine journal bearings using localized capacitive technique
· Follower Speed Monitoring System
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Muhammad Samran Navid, Mushtaq Khan, “A possible correlation between performance IQ, visuomotor adaptation ability and mu suppression“Brain Research. doi:10.1016/j.brainres.2015.01.045
- Takafumi Kajihara, Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Masahiro Kawasaki, Yuji Mizuno, Kimitaka Nakazawa, Kiiechi Kitajo “Neural dynamics in motor preparation: From phase-mediated global computation to amplitude-mediated local computation” Neuro Image 2015, (In press).
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Y. NAKAGAWA, K. KITAJO.“Phase locking of motor and parietal cortices is associated with the individual differences in early visuomotor adaptation”SFN 2014, Washington DC, USA.
- Takafumi Kajihara, Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Yuji Mizuno, Masahiro Kawasaki, Kimitaka Nakazawa, Keiichi Kitajo. “Functionally-specific coupling between delta-phase and alpha-amplitude with respect to a choice of a hand.”SFN 2014, Washington DC, USA.
- Nedergaard, R.W., Navid, M.S., Anwar, M.N., Niazi, I.K., Jochumsen, M., & Dremstrup, “Online detection and classification of movement kinetics”, Proceedings of the 6th International Brain-Computer Interface Conference, Graz, Austria, September, 2014
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar and Khan, S. "Trial-by-Trial Adaptation of Movements During Mental Practice under Force Field." Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2013, Article ID 109497, 11 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/109497.
- M. N. Anwar, M. S. Navid, M. Javaid, K. Kitajo, “Individual differences in the ability to modulate mu rhythms and performance IQ”, Neuroscience 2013, San-Diego USA.
- T. Kajihara, M. N. Anwar, Y. Mizuno, M. Kawasaki, K. Nakazawa, K. Kitajo. “Left lateralized alpha power decrease is associated with motor preparation of both hands”, Neuroscience 2013, San-Diego USA.
- Shabih Ul Hassan, Bilal Ahmed, Bilal Shaukat, Habib ur Rehman Paracha, Usman Malik, Saad Qaisar, Muhammad Nabeel Anwar and Yasar Ayaz, "Modified SOM Based Intelligent Semi-Autonomous Navigation System", in Proceedings of 11th IEEE NEUREL, Belgrade, Serbia, 2012.
- L. Ali, M. Khan, K. Alam, M.N. Anwar, "A Generalised Featured-Based inspection framework for dimensional inspection of individual machined parts", Proceedings of 37th International MATADOR Conference, Manchester, UK 2012.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Naoki Tomi, Koji Ito, "Motor imagery facilitates force field learning" 1395:21-9, Brain Res. 2011.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Laura Bonzano, Davide Rossi-Sebastiano, Luca Roccatagliata ,Giovanni Gualniera, Paolo Vitali, Vittorio Sanguineti , Pietro Morasso, Fabio Bandini (2009). "Real-time artifact filtering in continuous VEPs/fMRI recording". J Neurosci Methods 184(2): 213-23.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Vittorio Sanguineti, Pietro Giovanni Morasso, Koji Ito. "Motor imagery in robot-assistive rehabilitation: a study with healthy subjects". P. 337-342, Proceedings of IEEE-ICORR 2009, Japan.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Naoki Tomi, Koji Ito, "Influence of motor imagery on learning under complex external dynamics". P. 5926-9, Proceedings IEEE-EMBS 2009, USA.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Vittorio Sanguineti, Pietro Giovanni Morasso, Koji Ito ” Frontal midline theta activity in a force field adaptation task”, 4th Symposium on Idouchi, 2-4 March-2009, Matsushima, Japan.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Naoki Tomi, Koji Ito."Motor Imagery in Force Field Adaptation". P. 133-6, Proceedings of 3rd International Symposium on Mobiligence in Awaji (2009), Japan. 2007:
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Laura Bonzano, Davide Rossi-Sebastiano, Luca Roccatagliata ,Giovanni Gualniera, Paolo Vitali, Vittorio Sanguineti , Pietro Morasso, Fabio Bandini, "Simultaneous recordings of VEP and fMRI to study optic neuritis in multiple sclerosis" P. 197-202, Proceedings of IASTED 2007, Austria.
- Muhammad Nabeel Anwar, Laura Bonzano, Davide Rossi-Sebastiano, Luca Roccatagliata ,Giovanni Gualniera, Paolo Vitali, Vittorio Sanguineti, Pietro Morasso, Fabio Bandini, "Simultaneous EEG-fMRI recordings: A validation of the setup", P. 179-82, Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Mobiligence in Awaji (2007), Japan.
- Microprocessors and Logic Design
- Basic Electrical Engineering