INTERNATIONAL PhD CANDIDATE
- International students, Pakistanis holding foreign nationality and Pakistanis living abroad can apply for PhD programmes.
- Eligibility criteria for international students is the same as for national students.
- International students are only eligible for programmes at H-12 Campus (Islamabad).
Submission of Test Score Card
- The scores of GRE (General) should be attached/mentioned at online application. It may be noted that NUST will only accept the scores of GRE (General) examinations conducted on or after January 01, 2018.
- NUST will also accept the scores of Graduate Assessment Test (subject) conducted by NTS, Pakistan and if NTS (Subject) test is not available then NUST will conduct its own NUST PhD admission test (detail list mentioned at FAQ).
- Candidates, whose final result is awaited, can also apply for PhD admission, provided that they submit their final result before the commencement of classes.
- The candidates are responsible for providing the copy of scores to NUST at Postgraduate Programs Directorate, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) Sector, H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan.
|1||Access web-link: www.phdadmission.nust.edu.pk
Fill the online application form. Upload scanned copies of required documents. (As per list mentioned in the online application form)
|2||Application confirmation will be sent at the given email address after submission.||By University|
|3||Deposit Application fee through any online branch of Habib Bank Ltd.
Payment through credit/Debit card.
|4||Application status would be communicated through email/website after requisite scrutiny.||By University|
|5||Eligible candidates will be asked to appear for the interview/test.||By University|
|6||International candidates may appear physically or through Skype for the interview at the concerned institutions in May/June.||By Applicant|
|7||Selected Candidates will be informed via email.||By University|
|8||Candidates will deposit admission dues in any online HBL branch as per challan form available online.||By Applicant|
|9||Candidates will prepare documents as per given checklist and will submit to the Post Graduate Program Directorate through email/Post.||By Applicant|
|10||International students will approach the Pakistani Embassy for the visa formalities.||By Applicant|
|11||Cases of the international students will be referred to the Higher Education Commission and relevant Government department(s) for final approval as per policy in vogue.||By University|
|12||Relevant NUST institutions will issue joining instructions to the selected candidates who have completed all admission requirements.||By University|
|13||Successful candidates will join the relevant program as per joining instructions in 1st week of September for Fall Semester and 3rd week of January for Spring Semester||By Applicant|
- The cases of the international students, finally selected for admission at the NUST constituent Schools/Colleges/Centers will be processed for clearance for HEC/Foreign Ministry.
- International Students have to obtain NOC from their respective Embassy in Pakistan.
- Hostel accommodation for international students is guaranteed.
For Queries Related To PhD Admission
|Postgraduate Directorate, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan.|