APPLYING ON THE BASIS OF ACT / SAT – SESSION 2022
NUST has a few reserved seats in UG programs for national and international students on ACT / SAT basis. Desirous candidates can avail the facility provided they meet the specified eligibility criteria and are willing to pay tuition fee and allied charges of the category.
- ACT is conducted by ACT, USA. For more information, visit their website at www.act.org.
- NUST institutional code to receive ACT scores is 2915. ACT scores are valid for 2 years.
- SAT Test is a computer-based test held under the management of College Board, USA. For more information, visit www.collegeboard.com.
- NUST institutional code to receive SAT scores is 2790. SAT scores are valid for 2 years.
- Candidates with SSC and HSSC or equivalent qualification are eligible to appear on the basis of ACT / SAT.
- The last date for ACT / SAT scores to reach NUST is 30 July 2022. Scores received after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Separate application form for applying on ACT / SAT basis will be available on NUST website tentatively in May 2022. Those who do not enter their ACT / SAT scores by 30 July 2022 will be assigned zero weighting.
- Female candidates can apply for Aerospace and Avionics programmes (National seats only) offered at CAE Risalpur w.e.f Fall 2022. However, they cannot apply for the Civil Engineering programme offered at MCE campus Risalpur.
- Foreign nationals (Non Pakistani) / international candidates cannot apply for Aerospace and Avionics Engineering programmes offered at CAE campus Risalpur.
- The merit list for candidates applying on the basis of ACT / SAT for national seats is prepared separately.
ACT / SAT Seats for National Students
- Pakistani candidates of both O/A Level and FA/ FSc streams can exercise this option and compete for the SAT seats by taking the ACT / SAT.
- In case of foreign qualification, equivalence certificate from IBCC, Pakistan is mandatory.
ACT / SAT Seats for International Students
Following categories are eligible to apply for international seats on ACT / SAT basis:
- Pakistani national students having passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level from a foreign education system.
- Foreigners and Pakistanis having dual nationality, irrespective of the place of their HSSC study, Pakistan or abroad.
- Pakistani students studied abroad for HSSC but appearing in a Pakistani board from abroad.
In case of foreign qualification, equivalence certificate from IBCC, Pakistan is mandatory.
ACT / SAT Requirements for various disciplines
|Programmes||ACT / SAT Scores Required|
|Engineering||ACT Composite Score
(Minimum score to apply – 25)
|Architecture & Industrial Design|
|Natural Sciences (Math / Physics / Chem)||ACT STEM Score
(Minimum score to apply – 25)
|Business Studies and Social Sciences / LLB||SAT Test (SAT – I)
(Minimum score to apply in each subject – 550)
ACT Score of Maths, English and Reading
(Minimum score to apply in each subject – 25)